2014 CALENDAR Miniature by Suzanne Czosek
Air Travel Perfectly Clear Stamps
Tiny Alphabet Perfectly Clear™ Stamps
Trees And Leaves
Critter Collection Perfectly Clear Stamps
Air Scapes Perfectly Clear Stamps (SSC1171-R), Butterfly Charms Perfectly Clear Stamps (SSC1177-R),
Herbs Perfectly Clear Stamps (SSC1163-R), French Flower Cart Perfectly Clear Stamps (SSC1156-R)
Children Play Perfectly Clear Stamps(SSC1153-R), Vintage Lower Case Perfectly Clear Stamps (SSC1169)
Stampendous Essentials - MG01 Crystal Micro Glitter, FRG01C Silver Glass Glitter
Cardstock in White, Black, Appropriate Colors + coordinating dye inks
Archival Ink by Ranger
Bakers Twine in various colors, purchased charms and embellishments
Sponges, Glue Pen, Tape, Glue, Circle Punch, waterbrush, watercolor pencils
Scissors, Dimensional Foam Adhesive, Calendar Template below
Suzanne wins the "most products used" prize for this DARLING desk calendar using tons of great Stampendous images. Why not sit down with a group of friends and make some for Christmas gifts this year?! Let's get started!
Download and print out the .pdf file below for the "calendar" part of this project. Or simply look for a different one online to make it your own.
Cut all your background cardstock panels following the pictures and layer calendar pieces as desired with layers 1/4" larger than calendar page. Make all panels the same size for a cohesive project.
Trace with pencil lightly on larger backgrounds where the calendar will be positioned to make it easier to position stampend elements on each page. Erase lines after images are stamped.
- Stamp trees on either side using black ink.
- Stamp Houses in middle using black ink.
- Stamp deer in middle forward in the image using brown ink.
- Color deer using watercolor pencils.
- Draw mounds of snow using watercolor pencil. Soften with waterbrush.
- Use glue pen and outline the snow. Sprinkle on micro glitter.
- Sponge edges of all white pieces of cardstock with blue dye ink.
- Assemble layers
Stamp background with travel background using black ink and Air Travel Perfeclty Clear Stamps. Repeat until covered.
Trace square in red around edges.
Stamp red tiny heart from Snowman Banners Perfectly Clear Stamps around 14th. OR Draw heart around the 14th using red marker. Punch heart from cardstock and use reverse mask to trace and create heart.
Stamp 4 tags using red ink and Christmas Charms Perfectly Clear Stamps on white cardstock. Cut out. Punch hole in stamped opening.
Stamp heart from Wonderland Perfectly Clear Stamps using red ink in center of tag.
Stamp message on each tag using Tiny Alphabet and black ink. Tie twine through hole.
Mount Calendar onto cardstock. Glue bottom and side edges of calendar to page leaving top edge open
Insert tags into the pocket.
- On Wonderland Perfectly Clear Stamp Set use sharp scissors to separate the A from the heart on the Ace of Hearts stamp.
- Stamp the Heart in green ink on white cardstock in groups of four as shown to create four leaf clovers.
- Use a sponge and matching dye ink to sponge around edges of calendar page and background page for depth.
- Adhere clover page to green background panel and tie with bakers twine and purchased charms.
- Stamp top hat from Steampunk Charms Perfectly Clear Stamps in green at bottom of calendar.
- Add glass glitter with glue pen.
- April's base layer is white, then there is a smaller layer of white that has been sponged pink after stamping.
- On the layer to be stamped, stamp the flower pot from French Flower Cart Perfectly Clear Stamps five times in black ink beginning with the center flower pot in the center of the page.
- Color the potted flowers with watercolor pencils and sketch or sponge the ground layer in adding shading as shown.
- Sponge stamped layer and Calendar page with light pink ink around edges to add depth.
- Adhere layers as shown
- Stamp cat from French Flower Cart in black on white cardstock and watercolor as desired.
- Fussy cut cat with scissors and adhere as shown with dimensional foam adhesive.
- May has a black base layer and a slightly smaller white layer.
- Sponge the edges of white layer and calendar layer with blue ink as shown in photo.
- Adhere Calendar layer to base layer directly.
- Stamp Balloons from Air Scapes Perfectly Clear Stamps at top of calendar layer across both layers in black ink, then again on a separate piece of white cardstock.
- Stamp French Countryside from Air Scapes in black at bottom of calendar layer across both layers in black ink as shown, then again on a separate piece of white cardstock.
- On extra stampings, color images as shown in photo with watercolor pencils.
- Fussy cut balloons, streamers, Eiffel Tower, Moulin Rouge as shown and layer with dimensional foam adhesive.
- Add Crystal Micro Glitter with Glue Pen to balloons and streamers.
- As in April, June has a backing layer of white cardstock then a smaller layer of white cardstock plus the calendar page.
- Sponge smaller white layer and calendar page around edges with turquoise ink as shown in photo.
- Layer calendar on to white layer as shown.
- Stamp Herbs from Herbs Perfectly Clear Stamp Set in black across both layers at sides as shown.
- Color herbs with watercolor pencils and waterbrush.
- Stamp Butterflies from Butterfly Charms Perfectly Clear Stamps in black on separate white cardstock and color as desired.
- Fussy cut butterflies and apply to calendar with dimensional foam adhesive.
- Glue stamped layers to white cardstock backing piece.
- As with other calendar pages, trace July page on white backing layer as a guide for stamping
- Stamp Circus scene from Air Scapes Perfectly Clear Stamps in black on background above calendar area.
- Color as desired.
- Adhere calendar page and stamp fireworks in bright colors overlapping calendar area.
- Stamp Ferris Wheel in Black StazOn ink on a scrap of acetate and cut out. Adhere over wheel on stamped image with glue dot.
- Place a glue dot in center of wheel and cover with glitter.
- Add glitter to all fireworks with glue pen.
- Adhere to red backing layer.
- Sponge blue dye in all over the calendar page and on the bottom 2/3 of the backing white cardstock, mask off the beach with a piece of torn scratch paper while sponging.
- Sponge a narrow strip of brown beach and then blue sky above.
- Spritz all sponged areas with water in a spritz bottle at close range to cause drips of water to fade the ink.
- Stamp a number of Critters Perfectly Clear Stamps with black ink and color with watercolor pencils.
- Fussy cut animals and adhere to layered calendar page with dimensional foam adhesive.
- Add glitter to all animals with glue pen.
- Sponge turquoise ink around edges of calendar page and white cardstock layer.
- Stamp children in black on white layer and color with watercolor pencils and waterbrush.
- Layer as shown in photo.
- Stamp spider webs around corners using black ink. Accent with glue pen and sprinkle crystal glitter on the glue.
Stamp cat using black ink. Cut out with detail scissors
Stamp tree in top left corner on background using black ink. Ink up stamp partially (Mask off tree with post it) stamp grass along the top of the month. Repeat across the top.
- Stamp crooked house on right hand side on top of grass line.
Punch circle from scrap paper. Use the hole in the scrap paper to sponge the moon on the sky using yellow and orange dye inks.
- Stamp witch using black ink over moon.
Sponge edges of all white pieces of cardstock with yellow and orange dye ink.
- Assemble layers. Attach cat with a pop dot.
- Stamp Tree Poem from Trees and Leaves Perfectly Clear Stamps in brown ink on white cardstock layer.
- Sponge stamped layer with red and yellow ink colors. Distress edge with scissors or distress tool.
- Adhere stamped layer to backing cardstock of Gold. Sponge edge with brown ink.
- Sponge and distress calendar page and glue to layered cardstock
- Stamp several leaves from clear set in brown and sponge with orange, red and yellow.
- Fussy cut leaves and apply to calendar and backing area with glue and dimensional foam adhesive.
- Sponge edge of calendar page and white cardstock with turquoise ink to add depth.
- Stamp leafless trees in black near top of white background panel.
- Stamp greeting from Christmas Charms Perfectly Clear Stamps at bottom of calendar panel.
- Adhere calendar panel to white layer.
- Stamp snowman and deer from Christmas Charms in black on a piece of white cardstock.
- Color as desired using colored pencils.
- Fussy Cut Snowman and Deer and adhere to layered calendar page with glue.
- Add glitter to page with glue pen.