Instructions- Please take a moment to review the instructions on all product packaging before beginning your project.
Tips & Techniques-
1. Once you have your background in place apply a coat of matte varnish to the surface. This will protect the work you have already done plus allow for easy clean-up for the next step.
2. When using paint on stamps it is important that you do not overload the image. Pour a puddle of paint out on the palette. Using the smallest end of the make-up sponge tap into the paint, pounce the sponge on a clean area of the palette. When you look at the bottom of the sponge it should be covered by paint but you should still be able to see the texture of the sponge. Now quickly pounce the loaded sponge over the entire image and stamp it on the surface. If you don't like what you have stamped simply wipe it off with a wet wipe! Since you already have a coat of varnish on the surface, it will clean up easily.
3. Clean-up is easiest if done immediately after you use the stamps. Simply clean with soap and water and use an old toothbrush to get into the crevices. If you cannot or forget to clean the stamp right away spray the stamp with rubbing alcohol and let sit a few minutes. Then clean with soap and water as usual.
1. Using the 1" mop/oval brush, apply two smooth even coats of Lamp Black to the front of the mirror frame. Let dry.
2. Using the 1" Mop/Oval brush, apply one coat of varnish to the front of the mirror frame, let dry.
3. Position Bird of Paradise stamp onto the acrylic block. Following step 2 of Tips & Techniques load image with Warm White and stamp on frame using the photo as a guide.
4. Using the ½" angle brush float a hi-light of Warm White from the tip inward on each part of the flower. Be sure to leave black between overlapping parts so the flower does not lose its definition.
5. Using the ½" angel brush, float over the white areas as follows; petals- Saffron Yellow, lower tongue- Violet Haze, upper tongue- Mulberry, left side of stem- Tangelo Orange and bract- Mint Julep Green.
6. Reinforce floats on the petals with Tangelo Orange.
7. Using the ½" angle brush shade as follows; Petals- Santa Red, lower tongue- Dioxazine Purple, upper tongue and right side of stem- Red Violet, bract- Deep Teal.
8. Stamp scroll and words from stamp set in upper right corner of frame using a mix of Saffron yellow and tangelo Orange (1:1)
9. Finish with 2 coats of varnish. Enjoy!