Instructions- Please take a moment to review the instructions on all product packaging before beginning your project.
1. Disassemble Memory album. Place parts in sandwich bag and store in a safe place.
2. Sand to smooth any rough edges or areas. Dust with a paper towel.
3. Using the 1" brush, apply All-Purpose Wood Sealer according to package instructions. Let dry.
4. Using the 1" brush, apply two smooth even coats of Turquoise to the entire album. Let dry.
5. Join the front sections together on the inside of the album using the low-tack tape. Measure 3" from the bottom edge of the front and back covers and mask this area off.
6. On the palette mix two separate puddles of Leaf Green and Medium Foliage Green with Faux Finish Glaze Base, following the package instructions.
7. Using a slightly damp sea wool sponge, dip into the Medium Foliage Green mix and sponge the top portion of the front cover. Work quickly and add the Leaf Green mix. Blend the colors until desired effect is achieved. Repeat on the back cover. Remove tape and let dry.
8. Use the low-tack tape to mask off the upper portion of the front and back covers. Using brush blends of Gel Blending Medium with Navy Blue and Medium Foliage Green paint the lower section of the covers with streaks of color, refer to photo. Remove tape and let dry.
9. Use the same technique from step 8 to paint the inside of the front and back covers. Let dry.
10. Using the 1" brush apply one coat of varnish to the front and back covers of the album.
11. Pour a puddle of Black out on the palette. Using the make-up sponge to apply the paint mix to the image, stamp the Dragonfly Border from the stamp set across the bottom of the front cover. Tap into the paint using the make-up sponge, pounce the sponge on a clean area of the palette. When you look at the bottom of the sponge it should be covered with paint but you should still be able to see the texture of the sponge. If you cannot, then move to a clean area and pounce the sponge on the palette again. Now quickly pounce the loaded sponge over the entire image and stamp image onto surface. If you do not like the image that you have stamped, simply clean it off using a wet wipe. Since there is a coat of varnish on the surface it will cleanup easily!
12. Repeat step 11 until the border goes completely across the bottom of the cover. Let dry.
13. Wipe the front and back covers with a dryer sheet, this will help alleviate static cling and make the next step easier to complete.
14. Stamp the Water Lily image onto the front cover using the Versamark Ink, refer to photo. Sprinkle with Midnight Black embossing powder, shake off excess. Use a small dry brush to clean up any excess powder. Carefully heat set using the embossing tool. On wood you need to keep the tool moving so as not to bubble the paint, scorch the wood or over heat it to the point it draws sap. Keep the embossing tool moving in small circles over the entire design image. Embossing powder is "cooked" when it appears shiny.
15. Repeat step 14 on the back cover.
16. Using the 1" brush apply a wash of Gel Blending Medium and Navy Blue around the flowers, refer to photo.
17. Using the ½" angle brush, highlight the tips of each petal with Turquoise.
18. Using the 1" brush, apply two smooth even coats of varnish to the entire album. Let dry.
19. Using the glue pen add Melon glitter to the stamen of the water lilies and black glitter to the dragonflies.
20. Reassemble memory album and enjoy!