(Book paper resist technique)
1. Use a paintbrush to apply gel medium to Jumbo Cling Stamp.
2. Press stamp onto a sheet of book paper.
3. Let the paper dry overnight, or dry it with a heat gun.
4. Color book paper with Distress Stains.
5. Use a paper towel or art rag to rub gently over stamp resist.
6. Flip book paper over to reveal beautiful design!
* Note: When I started this project, I had every intention of using the front side of the book paper after I colored it...until I happened to flip it over and realized how cool the backside actually looked! I call this new technique a happy accident and I love it when those happen!
(Stamped Paper Tape Technique)
1. Tear off a piece of medical paper tape from the roll and stick it on to a non-stick craft sheet.
2. Color the tape with Distress Stains.
3. Use a heat gun to speed up the process of drying and then ink up an Elegant Border stamp.
4. Repeatedly press the Elegant Border stamp on the paper tape until you have stamped the whole piece.
5. After it dries, simply tear off small pieces and add them to your page!
(To assemble layout)
1. Use a sanding block to distress a sheet of Core'dinations embossed cardstock.
2. Use white Distress Stain to color parts of the cardstock giving it a washed out effect.
3. Adhere the sheet of stamped/resist book paper to the cardstock and use your fingers to curl over the edges of the book paper.
4. Add a long piece of your newly created paper tape along the left hand edge of the book paper.
5. Color a few metal embellishments with white alcohol ink and then glue them close to the paper tape on the sheet of book paper.
6. Add a colorful flower to hide the ends of the metal pieces.
7. Complete the page by adding your photos, a title, journaling, and some more stamped paper tape!