SAS03 Stack Art Stamps Royal Heart
CRS7002 Cling Jumbo Dress Form
CRS5044 Cling Jumbo Butterfly Trio
SSC1143 Steampunk Gears Perfectly Clear Stamps
SSC028 Butterflies Perfectly Clear Stamps
SSH57 Jumbo Perfectly Clear Acrylic Handle
Americana Cocoa & Lamp Black Acrylic Paint by DecoArt®
Dazzling Metallics Bronze, Glorious Gold, Purple Pearl, Shimmering Silver, & Worn Penny Acrylic Paint by DecoArt®
Acrylic Gesso by DecoArt®
DuraClear Matte Varnish by DecoArt®
12″ Square Wood Canvas by Walnut Hallow
Ultra Light Oven Bake Clay by Sculpey®
Plastic Garbage Bag
- Apply Text stamp onto an acrylic handle. Dampen cosmetic sponge and remove as much water as possible. Pour a puddle of Lamp Black out on the palette paper. Pounce the sponge into the paint and then on a clean area of the palette. When you look at the bottom of the sponge it should be covered by paint but you should still be able to see the texture of the sponge. Quickly pounce the loaded sponge over the entire Text stamp. Stamp it to the upper right corner of the wood canvas. Repeat and stamp entire canvas including the sides. When using paint on stamps it is important that you do not overload the image. Immediately wash the stamp with soap and water. If any has dried use an old tooth brush to clean. The sponge can also be washed and reused.
- Using a palette knife spread gesso randomly around the wood canvas. Allow to dry. Using your hands, pull off small amounts of the Ultra Light clay and press onto the canvas randomly. Smooth it out so that it is never more than 1/4″ deep. If necessary use water to make it move. Using the Text stamp press into the clay turning it with each impression. In the upper right hand corner of the canvas press the large gear with numbers from the Steampunk Gears collection. Select more gears from this collection and impress randomly into clay. Roll out a separate piece of clay to approx 1/4 inch deep. Trace around it with the dress form stamp. Cut out with X-Acto knife excluding the stand. Bake in oven following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Use a large paint brush to paint the entire wood canvas with washes of Cocoa. Allow to dry and wash with thinned Lamp Black. Wipe extra paint off so the black is mainly the textured areas. Dry brush the raised areas of the clay randomly with Dazzling Metallics in Bronze, Glorious Gold, Purple Pearl, Shimmering Silver, and Worn Penny. The large chip board cog, wood cog, and clay dress form were painted with the metallics. Stamp individual cog stamps randomly with Lamp Black around the canvas on any remaining flat areas. Paint card stock with Glorious Gold and allow to dry. Stamp the dress form using Lamp Black onto card stock. Trace the baked clay dress form around card stock and cut out.
- The wings and a variety of items were created with resin paper. Using a variety of cogs, watch parts, and hands from Steampunk Gears collection, butterflies from the Butterflies collection, and the small butterfly from the Jumbo Butterfly Trio, stamp onto plain paper using Lamp Black. Lay paper on garbage bag pulled tight. Mix Ice Resin® according to the manufacturer’s instructions and cover both sides of the paper using a sponge. Allow to harden overnight.
- Apply one coat of matte varnish over the entire canvas. Allow to dry. Glue cogs into place. Cut out all of the gears, watches, watch hands, and wings from the resin paper. Glue items into place onto wood canvas. To add the wings and key to the dress form, create a slit into the clay using the X-Acto Knife, then glue into place. Cut out the center of the large gear and glue into it’s impression. Add resin paper watches and hands on top of gears. Mix additional Ice Resin and poor over these items. Allow to harden overnight.