Americana Irish Moss, Jack-O-Lantern Orange, Lamp Black, Purple Pizzazz, & White Wash Acrylic Paint by DecoArt®
DuraClear Matte Varnish by DecoArt®
Frame by Viking Woodcrafts
Zip Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
- Seal the insert and frame then sand lightly. Basecoat the both items with White Wash. Apply one coat of matter varnish to entire surface.
- Place the stamp onto an acrylic handle. Dampen sponge and remove as much water as possible. Load with Lamp Black. When using paint on stamps it is important that you do not overload the image. Pour a puddle of paint out on the palette. Pounce the sponge into the paint and then on a clean area of the palette. When you look at the bottom of the sponge it should be covered by paint but you should still be able to see the texture of the sponge. Now quickly pounce the loaded stamp in the center of the insert. If you don’t like what you have stamped simply wipe it off with a wet wipe! Since you already have a coat of varnish on the surface, it will clean up easily. Now basecoat around the owl with Lamp Black.
- Using a bubble palette, place about a dime size drop of Irish Moss, Jack-O-Lantern Orange, and Purple Pizzazz in individual bubbles. Mix one part paint with appx three parts water mixed with Easy Float. Completely mix the paint until it becomes transparent. Using a #3 round brush wash in all the colors referring to the photo for placement.
- Since this is a pen pattern design, the frame is free handed. Simply draw a line about 1/4 inch from the inside and outside following the contour if the frame. Pull short horizontal lines referring to the photo. Paint all the lines with Lamp Black using a liner brush or use a black permanent marker. You may free hand the leaves or simply load the leaves from the stamp with Lamp Black. The vines ere free handed with a liner brush using Lamp Black. Paint the frame in the same manner as the owl.
- Shade each color with full strength paint using a flat brush. Allow to cure and coat with matte varnish.