Hot Air Balloon by Jamie Martin
- Fold a piece of 6 ¼ ” by 10 ” card stock so that the fold is on the side.
- Place the curvy end of the Picasso Stencil up near the top of the sky card stock.
- Rub the stencil brush on one of the blue inks in the Splendor Ink Pad.
- Tap the excess off on paper towel and rub off the top of the stencil in little circles.
- Continue to repeat steps 2-4 on various parts of the card stock, and on a second piece of light blue, until the card stock seems full of clouds.
- Use the white crayon to enhance the clouds.
- Use your manual die cut machine and the fitted frames die to cut out one piece of the cloudy sky.
- Use your manual die cut machine to cut a fitted frame one size larger from the Oceanside card stock.
- Tape the Hot Air Balloon stencil face up on the cloudy cut out piece.. Use one large piece across the top of the stencil initially. It will be a hinge later. Tape all the way around.
- Remove the embossing paste from the container with the palette knife and place on the paste spreader.
- Place the paste spreader on the top of the stencil and pull down towards you, filling the holes and keeping contact with the stencil at all times.
- Replace any extra paste into the container.
- Remove the tape from the bottom and sides of the stencil.
- Using the taped top as a hinge, carefully remove the stencil. Let the paste dry.
- Stamp the phrase in Stazon on the bottom of the cloudy background.
- When the paste is dry, color the image with the alcohol inks and let dry.
- Replace the stencil and tap over it with the Versamark Ink Pad.
- Remove the stencil and cover the image with the clear embossing powder.
- Shake off the excess powder and heat emboss with tool.
- Glue the hot air balloon onto the darker blue frame.
- Glue the framed image into place.
- Perfectly Clear Acrylic Stamp Handle Multiple Styles & Colors
- VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad 7.99
- Dreamweaver Regular Paste 4 Oz 9.49
- Dreamweaver Palette Knife 3.99
- Paste Spreader 4.99
- Picasso Metal Shield/Stencil 7.49
- 1/8 inch Brush #3 Blue Handle 2.79
- Fitted Frames B Die Cut Set 29.99
- HT400 Embossing Heat Tool 36.99
- Hot Air Balloon Metal Stencil 7.49
- Ocean Wisdom Perfectly Clear Rubber Stamps 14.99
Also uses these supplies:
- EP020 Clear Embossing Powder
- My Colors Cardstock by My Mind's Eye (Ocean Side, Sky)
- StazOn® Jet Black Ink Pad by Tsukineko®
- Splendor™ Circus Ink Pad by Tsukineko®
- Spectrum Noir™ Markers (GB8, EB8, PL5, TB5, BP6, CR10, JG6, DR3, CT4)
- Ultrafine Black Sharpie®
- Paper Towel
- Big Shot™ by Sizzix®
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
- 1/2" Removable Tape by 3M®
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project