House-Mouse® Pea Pod Nap by Jennie Lin Black
- Stamp image onto alcohol marker compatible cardstock such as Neenah Super Smooth Solar White cardstock. Be sure to use Alcohol Marker compatible stamping ink such as Momento.
- Color image. Coloring Tip: I added a bit of medium gray (W5) in the areas where I wanted stronger shading, like behind the peas inside the pea pod. Using Gray to shade will help limit the shades of Greens you need for the image itself.
- Adding texture to the background was done using 91% alcohol and a piece of Tulle netting. You can get the alcohol at any pharmacy. I dipped the netting into the alcohol and then gently placed it onto the gray background. Leave it sit for about 10 second or until you can see it start to dilute the ink. It will continue to dilute as it dries, so don’t use too much alcohol. I repeated in small areas until I was satisfied with the outcome. You can use small bits of paper to mask your image if you wish, but don’t let the alcohol touch the colored image or you will bleach it out and make a mess.
- Assemble card. I wrapped the Bakers around the yellow strips, and popped them up on the card using foam squares.
- Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink Pad by Tsukineko® - MEM01 6.99
- Pea Pod Nap Rubber Stamp Multiple Styles & Colors
Also uses these supplies:
- My Colors Cardstock by My Mind's Eye (Yellow)
- Voyage Beneath the Sea Patterned Paper by Graphic 45
- Super Smooth White Cardstock by Neenah Paper®
- Copic® Markers (C1, C3, C5, C6, W5, E11, E00, E000, R20, YG67, YG63, YG17, YG02, YG01)
- Baker's Twine
- 91% Rubbing Alcohol
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
- Scrapbook Adhesives® 3D Foam Mounting Squares by 3L®
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project