House-Mouse® Tennis Anyone by Laura Drahozal
- Fold a piece of 8 ½ ” by 5 ½ ” card stock so that the fold is on the side.
- Lightly color a 4 ¼” by 5 ½” grasshopper card stock with the dark green colored pencil. Hold the pencil to the side and gently rub over the texture, just slightly darkening the green. Adhere to the card.
- Color some black card stock the same way with the warm gray pencil.
- Stamp the Tennis Anyone image onto the mixed media paper.
- Use the manual die cut machine and the fitted frames to cut out the stamped image and cut a larger frame from the black card stock.
- Tape the tiles stencil on the colored piece of black card stock. Use one large piece across the top of the stencil initially. It will be a hinge later. Tape all the way around.
- Remove the regular embossing paste from the container with the palette knife and place on the paste spreader.
- Place the paste spreader on the top of the stencil and pull down towards you, filling the holes and keeping contact with the stencil at all times.
- Replace any extra paste into the container.
- Remove the tape from the bottom and sides of the stencil.
- Using the taped top as a hinge, carefully remove the stencil. Let the paste dry.
- Tape the big dots stencil onto the ocean side card stock using the same technique as in step 6.
- Remove regular paste from the jar with the back of the palette knife. Since you only need one row, it is not necessary to put a lot of paste onto the paste spreader.
- Place the back of the palette knife (with the paste) on the top of a row of dots and pull towards you, keeping contact with the stencil and filling the holes as you go.
- As the paste dries, color the image with the pencils.
- Color the top of the paste on the tiles stencil with the blue markers.
- Draw “stitches” on the top of an extra piece of mixed media paper.
- Use the gray alcohol marker to put the stripes on the big dots for the tennis balls.
- Color the remainder of the big balls with the Versamark pen, one at a time.
- Cover each of the balls with the yellow embossing powder and heat set with the heat embossing tool.
- Assemble the background “net” first. Cut a 4 square by 4 square piece from the tile image. Glue the white strip across the bottom line of squares. Attach that to the background.
- Cut the ball strip from the big dots image and glue to the background.
- Assemble the card, using the foam squares to raise the tennis image above the card.
- VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad 7.99
- Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink Pad by Tsukineko® - MEM01 6.99
- Mixed Media White Paper 7.99
- Dreamweaver Regular Paste 4 Oz 9.49
- Dreamweaver Palette Knife 3.99
- Paste Spreader 4.99
- Fitted Frames A Die Cut Set 29.99
- Jumbo Tile Metal Stencil 10.99
- Big Dots Metal Stencil 11.99
- Tennis Anyone Rubber Stamp Multiple Styles & Colors
Also uses these supplies:
- EP160 Sunny Lemon Embossing Powder
- My Colors Cardstock by My Mind's Eye (Black Suede, Oceanside, Grasshopper)
- Chameleon™ Markers (BL3)
- Spectrum Noir™ Markers (TB2, IG4)
- Prismacolor® Colored Pencils
- Paper Towel
- Big Shot™ by Sizzix®
- 1/2" Removable Tape by 3M®
- Scrapbook Adhesives® 3D Foam Mounting Squares by 3L®
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project