Hummingbirds Canvas by Pam Hornschu
- Mix a small amount of Pearlescent Embossing Paste and tube paint to achieve desired background color. Spritz small amount of water to thin slightly. Spray canvas with water, and brush-apply mixed paste. Set aside to dry. Brush some over two paper flowers and set aside to dry.
- When dry, ink various stamps from filigree set and hummingbird set, and stamp over canvas in gray ink. Note: place acrylic blocks behind canvas for stability and a clean image.
- Using stencil/template from Hummingbird set, paste-emboss one hummingbird on canvas with Dreamweaver Crackle Paste. Let dry until crackled. Color over top with Copic markers.
- Stamp flowers and leaves with gray on tissue paper. Color with Copic markers. Tear around edge of design. Brush small amount of Fast Finish over area to place flower/tissue. Place colored tissue down on the wet surface. Brush another thin layer carefully over the tissue piece to seal and adhere to the canvas. Apply a light coat over entire canvas as well.
- Sprinkle Color Fragments and Mica flakes over wet Fast Finish. Let dry. (FRC18 Teal Color Fragments, FRC19 Amethyst Color Fragments, FRC20 Lime Color Fragments, FRG14C Royal Purple Frantage Glass Glitter, FRM01 Frantage Pearlized Mica Fragments
- Adhere ribbon border on canvas.
- Layer flowers and adhere to canvas with FabriTac. Add a bit of glue in center and sprinkle with Glass Glitter.
- Die cut hummingbirds from gauze paper. Ink around edges. Adhere to canvas with Zip Dry.
Also uses these supplies:
CRS5073 Cling Jumbo Filigree (retired)
Tsukineko Stone Gray StazOn
Copic Markers (V06, V09, V15, BG15, BG49, C3, C5, C7, G12, G14, G17)
Dreamweaver Stencils Pearlescent and Crackle Embossing Pastes
Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry
May Arts ¾” Aqua Velvet Corduroy Ribbon
Yellow Green and Cerulean Blue acrylic tube paint
12 inch square canvas
white paper flowers
Spray bottle with water
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project