Mushrooms by Louise Healy
- Fold a 6" x 9 1/4" piece of Shabby Shutters cardstock in half to form an A6 card.
- Tape your stencil to a 2 3/4" x 3 3/4" piece of white cardstock with removable tape.
- Use a Palette Knife and Paste Spreader to apply Dreamweaver Regular Embossing Paste (DWDEP) to the image.
- Before removing the stencil, use the edge of your palette knife to make some ridges in the stem areas.
- Remove the stencil and place in water for cleaning, let the paste dry thoroughly.
- Place the clean, dry stencil back over the dry paste, tape in place.
- Use 1/4" stencil brushes to apply inks over the image as desired ( I used Memento Inks - Lady Bug and Rhubarb Stalk in the caps, Desert Sand and Rich Cocoa on the stems and grass, and a little Bamboo Leaves on the grass), use the Picasso tool to keep colors clean.
- Remove the stencil and sweep some Rich Cocoa around the edges.
- Use a paintbrush or toothpick to add some small dots of the paste around the caps, let the dots dry.
- Use a large stencil brush and the Rich Cocoa to stencil some mushrooms around the background of a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of kraft cardstock, edge with a black marker.
- Add some May Arts netted ribbon across the bottom (I cut it in half so it wasn't so wide) then adhere this to the card front.
- Adhere the mushrooms to a 2 7/8" x 3 7/8" black mat.
- Use foam tape to add the mushrooms to the card.
Also uses these supplies:
- Memento™ Lady Bug, Rhubarb Stalk, Desert Sand, Rich Cocoa, Bamboo Leaves Inks by Tsukineko®
- Kraft Cardstock
- Shabby Shutters Cardstock by Core'dinations®
- Classic Crest Cover Solar White by Neenah Paper®
- Epic Black Classic Linen Cover Stock by Neenah Paper®
- Copic® Marker (100 Black)
- Ribbon by May Arts
- Double-Sided Tape Foam Mounting Tape by 3M®
- 1/2" Removable Tape by 3M®
- Toothpick or small paintbrush
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project