Mushrooms by Lyn Bernatovich
- Cut card base 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, score at 4-1/4. Set aside.
- Pasting and Coloring the Mushrooms: Cut a piece of mixed media paper 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 and lay on a work surface. Lay the mushroom stencil over the paper and tape with removable tape on all four sides. Scoop paste out of the jar with the palette knife and spread along the edge of a paste spreader. Starting at the top of the stencil, pull evenly down the stencil. Remove tape on all sides but the top. Carefully lift a lower corner of the stencil up and off the paper taking the top tape with it. Set aside to dry. To paste the dots on the largest stencil, tape the clean mushroom stencil over the pasted image and secure the top edge with removable tape. Lay the stencil template from the Wired set over the mushroom image. With a palette knife, apply paste just inside the large mushroom. Gently lift the template off and set the image aside to dry. Lay the clean stencil over the dry image and tape along the top with removable tape to form a hinge. Add color using the Splendor inkpad and 1/8” brushes. Change brushes as you change colors. It is essential to use the Picasso tool to avoid contaminating unwanted areas of color. You can literally use many sections of the Picasso to aid in coloring even the tiniest areas. Be sure to clean the Picasso often before moving to another color. To add the checked pattern to the stems, lay the cross stitch screen over the stencil and pounce color through the screen. Once the image is totally dry, diecut it close to the image using a stitched die.
- Solid Background Panel: Cut mixed media paper 5-1/2 x 4-1/4. On a craft mat, spritz Memories Mists in a 2-3 areas. Librally spritz gold Memories Mists last. Lay the ½ sheet of paper over the puddles and gently smooth the paper with the back of your hand. Lift up the paper and lay back down in another area. Repeat the process until satisfied with the color result. Set aside to dry.
- Creative Palette Monoprinting the tag. Follow the basic steps on the back of the packaging for great results. TIP: I use acrylic glazing medium to extend the acrylic paint from drying too soon. Have several sheets of mixed media paper handy to create several different backgrounds and colors. Set aside to dry. Be sure to wash the brayer, stamps and the printing plate right away.
- Dry emboss the solid background panel. The following stacking recipe uses the Sizzix Big Kick diecutting machine: Platform (no tabs), stencil, background panel with good side down, two cutting plates. Distress the edges with a distress tool.
- Cut a tag shape 4-5/8 x 3/14 from the Creative Palette background. Notch the top corners and punch a hole. Thread ribbon through the hole and tie into a bow. Place 3 long strips of foam mounting tape on the back side of the tag and center over the distressed panel. Affix the mushrooms in the center of the tag. Add buttons with Beacon 3-1 glue for a bit of whimsy. Punch a circle and stamp Smile. Clip it onto the bow with a tiny clothespin. Affix the entire panel to card front.
- Perfectly Clear Acrylic Stamp Handle Multiple Styles & Colors
- Onyx Black VersaFine Instant Dry Pigment Ink by Tsukineko 8.99
- Mixed Media White Paper 7.99
- Dreamweaver Palette Knife 3.99
- Paste Spreader 4.99
- Picasso Metal Shield/Stencil 7.49
- 1/8 inch Brush #3 Blue Handle 2.79
- Mushrooms Metal Stencil 7.49
- Glossy White Embossing Paste 10.49
- Spring Sentiments Perfectly Clear Rubber Stamps Set 14.99
Also uses these supplies:
- DWLX7002 Plaid Stencil
- Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
- Splendor™ Circus Ink by Tsukineko®
- Lemon Yellow, Light Green, Cerulean Blue, Flesh, Titanium White, & Red Acrylic Paints by Jack Richeson & Co., Inc.
- Acrylic Glazing Liquid by Golden® Mediums
- Fruit Punch & Gold Memories™ Mists by Stewart Superior
- Cross Stitch Screen Pierced Rectangles Dies by Spellbinders™ Paper Arts
- Buttons by Buttons Galore
- 1/8” Hole Punch
- Ribbon by May Arts
- Tiny Clothespin by A Muse Studio
- Edge Distressing Tool by Prima®
- Craft Mat by Ranger®
- 3-in-1™ Craft Glue by Beacon Adhesives
- Zip Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
- ATG Tape Runner by 3M®
- Foam Mounting Tape by 3M®
- 1/2" Removable Tape by 3M®
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project