Steampunk Gears Butterflies Necklace by Debbie Cole
- Place the watch stamp onto an acrylic handle. Dampen a cosmetic sponge and remove as much water as possible. Pour a puddle of Traditional Burnt Umber out on the palette paper. Pounce the sponge into the paint and then on a clean area of the palette. When you look at the bottom of the sponge it should be covered by paint but you should still be able to see the texture of the sponge. Pounce the sponge onto the stamp and stamp on the card stock. Using the new sponge, load with Lamp Black and stamp the butterfly onto card stock.
- Cut the stamped watch to fit into the bezel. Cut out the butterfly.
- Using a bubble palette, place about a dime size drop of Traditional Raw Sienna, Deep Burgundy, and Victorian Blue into individual bubbles. Mix one part paint with appx three parts water mixed with Easy Float. Completely mix the paint until it becomes transparent. Using #8 shader wash over the watch face. Float to shade with full strength paint. Wash the butterfly with the red and blue using a #3 round brush. Cut out all images when dry. Seal them with all purpose glue, allow to dry, and repeat step. Glue the watch image to bottom of bezel. Place watch gears around the inside of the watch. Mix Ice Resin according to manufacturer's instruction and pour small amount into the bezel. It should cover the entire bezel up to the rim. Allow to set up about two hours.
- Fold the winds of butterfly up. Set it into the sticky resin so that it looks like it is resting on the watch. Allow to harden over night.
- Add chains and watch to winged keyhole. Attach to chain using jump rings to form necklace.
Also uses these supplies:
Americana Traditional Burnt Umber, Traditional Raw Sienna, Lamp Black, Deep Burgundy, & Victorian Blue Acrylic Paint by DecoArt®
Easy Float by DecoArt®
Winged Key Hole Charm
Disposable Measuring Cups
Small Watch Bezel
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project