Timeless Rose Table by Debbie Cole
1. Coat surface with sealer, sand lightly, wipe with cheese cloth. Base plate with Light Buttermilk. Draw a 8 inch diameter in the middle of the plate. Base the outer edge and pedestal with Fawn+ Light Buttermilk (1:1). Coat with matte varnish
2. Stamp the Vintage Note and Vintage Letter stamps ith Fawn + Light Buttermilk (1:1) repeat to cover the circle. Immediately wipe with baby wipe to clean stamp.
3. Apply the rose stamp to handle. Using a cosmetic sponge, apply Boysenberry pink to flower areas and Celery Green to the leaves and stems. Stamp onto plate referring to the photo for placement.
4. Thin Spice Pink and Celery Green with Easy Float mixed with water to create wash of color. Wash over the flower areas with the pink wash and the stems and leaves with the green mixture. Allow to dry and float to shade with full strength paint of the wash colors.
5. Float and/or drybrush highlights to flowers petals with Pink Chiffon + Spice Pink (4:1) and Green Tea to the leaves. Add second highlights with Pink Chiffon and Green Tea + Light Buttermilk (1:1). Float second shades to flower areas with Boysenberry Pink to flower areas and Light Avocado to the stems and leaves. Glaze darkest areas to flower with Cranberry Wine. Add red accents to leaves with Boysenberry Pink.
Also uses these supplies:
Decoart Americana, Acrylic Paint- Celery Green, Cranberry Wine, Boysenberry Pink, Green Tea, Light Avocado, Light Buttermilk, Pink Chiffon, Spice Pink
Decoart Easy Float
Decoart Dura Clear Matte Varnish
Surface- Painter's Paradise, #1612900 Pedestal Plate