Toxic Curiosity by Pam Hornschu
- Brush Chalky Finish paint over the box and lid, inside and out. Do the same with a torn panel of corrugated cardboard. Spread a few dabs of Crackle Embossing Paste over various areas thinly. Add pasted sections using Hexagon stencils as well. Let dry.
- Stamp images as desired over the outside and inside of the box and lid.
- Stamp and emboss in White Embossing Powder the Antique sign image on separate piece of cardboard.
- Ink distress over all pieces, paying particular attention to crackled areas to highlight them.
- Gesso and ink tins. Stamp on small patches of linen. Adhere where desired and ink distress.
- Ink distress playing cards. Stamp images over the front and backs. Frantagé them with Aged Bronze EE and Mica Fragments. Punch holes at corners, and string together with a piece of jute cord.
- Add inked or painted "shelves" and "dividers" to inside of box made of more corrugated cardstock, and adhere them with Gem Tac.
- Distress and adhere various ephemera to box and lid. Brush Fast Finish over the surfaces to seal.
Also uses these supplies:
- Ivory Cardstock
- Memento™ Paris Dusk, Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa Ink by Tsukineko®
- Americana Chalky Finish Everlasting Decor Paint by DecoArt®
- Quinacridone Gold Media Fluid Acrylic by DecoArt®
- Gem Tac™ and Fast Finish™ by Beacon Adhesives®
- Large and small sponge daubers
- paper maché box, corrugate cardboard
- coarse linen fabric
- various ephemera such as playing cards, old keys, wooden nickels, flat glass marbles, binder clips, jute cord, small tins, tiny bottles
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project