Birdie Trio Birdhouse by Katy Leitch
- Stamp International Snow with Ultramarine StazOn all over the chipboard panel (the piece with the ‘window’ cut in it).
- When the ink is dry, edge the piece roughly with Versamark and emboss with Ice Blue embossing enamel. Sponge the edges with Ultramarine StazOn.
- Stamp Snowflake Sky in Versamark onto dark blue cardstock and emboss with Sparkle Puff embossing powder. Cut to fit the back panel making sure it will fill the whole of the aperture in the chipboard piece. Glue to the back piece of the house kit.
- Stamp the birds onto white Mixed Media paper and onto several colours of cardstock. Lightly colour the image with Inktense pencils. Paper piece the scarves and hats and colour the designs on them with Sakura metallic pens. Apply wet glue to the hat brims and bobbles and sprinkle with multi glitter.
- Assemble the house and use a palette knife to apply lots of regular embossing paste, adding texture with the palette knife to resemble snow. While the paste is still wet, sprinkle it with multi glitter.
- Smear a dried twig with white gesso then some small areas of embossing paste. Glue in place. Stick the birds to background with 3D foam tape so that they overlap the twig and appear to sit on it.
- Ink a Tando snowflake with Ultramarine StazOn ink. When dry smear with wet glue and apply multi glitter all over. Add to the house to embellish it.
Also uses these supplies:
- My Colors Cardstock by My Mind's Eye (Deep Indigo, Seafoam, Spearmint, Madras Blue, Winter Lake)
- StazOn™ Ultramarine Ink by Tsukineko®
- Triple Chipboard House by Tando Creative
- Mini Chipboard Snowflakes by Tando Creative
- White Gesso by DecoArt®
- Metallic Glaze Pens by Sakura®
- Scrapbook Adhesives® 3D Foam Mounting Squares by 3L®
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project