Gingerbread Baker Sweater by Janelle Stollfus
- Dry emboss red cardstock with a machine or by hand with stylus tool or a die cut/embossing machine. Recommended sandwich is manufactures plate order with an emboss matt, paper of choice and then the stencil at the bottom before the next plates. This ensures the metal stencil will not get bent.
- Keep the stencil with the paper and stencil darker ink color than the color of the cardstock over entire stencil to show the design more clearly.
- Add black pen around edges and highlight with white pen.
- Tie with twine into a bow and glue down to a kraft cardstock card base.
- Die cut gingerbread shape from Gingerbread Baker with kraft colored paper and sticky not paper or printer paper for mask.
- From mask trim away hands, head and from the waist down and use as masks, keep torso for later.
- Place Ornate Tree Stencil on top of masked gingerbread shape and tape down.
- Tape or use sticky notes to mask rows of designs you want different colors, then begin coloring with a stippling/stencil brush. Repeat for each color. Tip: you may want to gently wipe stencil before changing to another color so the tape will stick for the next row you choose to color.
- Remove stencil and clean with warm soap and water and soft brush in a flat container or sink. Let dry.
- Draw cuffs, neck collar and waist cuff with black pen, highlight with white pen.
- Use torso mask to cover sweater before using a clean stencil brush to add brown ink around edges on the kraft gingerbread shape for dimension.
- Stamp face with Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink.
- Add red ink with stippling/stencil brush to cheek circles and add white pen highlights.
- Use 3D foam sqaures to adhere to card base.
- Die cut white circle and dark yellow scalloped circle using Build A Wreath Die Cut Set.
- Keep circle die on white cardstock and stencil red ink around edges, then once around the edge of the die with black pen. Remove and add imperfect lines around circle.
- Stamp Holiday Expressions sentiment onto circle and glue to scallop circle.
- Use stacked 3D foam squares to adhere to card over center of twine bow.
- Perfectly Clear Acrylic Stamp Handle Multiple Styles & Colors
- Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink Pad by Tsukineko® - MEM01 6.99
- Mixed Media White Paper 7.99
- Holiday Expressions Perfectly Clear Rubber Stamps 14.99
- Holly Swirls Metal Stencil 10.99
- Ornate Christmas Tree Metal Stencil 11.99
- Gingerbread Baker Clear Stamps & Die Set 16.99
- Build A Wreath Die Set 29.99
Also uses these supplies:
- My Colors Cardstock by My Mind's Eye
- Colorbox Ink Pads by ClearSnap® - Chianti, Curry, Fresh Green and Scarlet
- Zip-Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesive
- 3D Foam Squares by Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
- White Gel Pen
- Black Felt Pen
- Twisted Twine by MayArts
- Stylus Tool or Die Cut/Emboss Machine
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project