Happy Easter Damask Metal Stencils by Louise Healy
- Fold a 6" x 9 1/4" piece of yellow cardstock in half to form an A6 card.
- Adhere a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" purple mat to the card front.
- Place the Damask stencil face down (so you can't see the stencil number) on the large platform of a die cut machine, place a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of white cardstock over the stencil (I like to mist my paper with a little water first), add a rubber embossing mat, two clean cutting plates, a put stack through the machine.
- Remove the embossed image and stencil from the machine, place the embossed image face up on your work surface.
- Use a 1/2" stencil brush to brush purple ink in from each side of the image in a sweeping motion across the card, repeat until you get the intensity desired.
- Trim around the Damask image right up to the embossed edge of the design, use an ink blusher to add a little purple ink to the edges, adhere to the purple mat on the front of the card.
- Emboss the Happy Easter on a 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" piece of white cardstock using the method described in Step 3.
- Place the embossed image face up on your work surface and place the stencil back over it, tape in place with removable tape.
- Use a 1/2" stencil brush to brush purple ink through the stencil openings, remove stencil, trim sides to be the same width as the damask layer.
- Use a scrap piece of paper as a ruler and add a little purple edge around the words (important to use paper and not a ruler to prevent smudges).
- Tape yellow strips along the top and bottom edges of the Happy Easter, then adhere to the Damask layer.
- Tie a small bow with May Arts Ribbon and adhere to the card with Glue Dots.
Also uses these supplies:
Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Rubber Embossing Mat Big Shot®
Die Cut Machine
VersaFine™ Imperial Purple Ink by Tsukineko®
1/2" Removable Tape by 3M®
Ribbon by May Arts Glue Dots®
Scotch® Double-Sided Tape by 3M®
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project