Jack O Lanterns by Laura Drahozal
- The base card stock is 5 1/4" by 10", folded on the top.
- Cut green card stock to 5 1/4" by 5".
- Cut tan card stock to the size of the Spider Web Stencil and another piece just larger than the sentiment.
- Use the Distress Ink and the ink blending tool to distress the edges of all the tan and the green card stock.
- Tape the spider web stencil to the tan card stock with removable tape.
- Load the stencil brush with the VersaMark Ink.
- Tap off the excess ink on a paper towel.
- Use a circular motion to apply the ink over the stencil.
- Remove the stencil and cover the image with the Clear Embossing Powder. Tap off the excess.
- Use the heat tool to emboss.
- Stamp the sentiment on the small piece of tan card stock with Memento.
- Stamp the spiders over the spider web with Memento.
- Tape the Jack O Lantern Stencil on black card stock using the removable tape. Place a long piece across the top of the stencil first, as it will act like a hinge.
- Use the palette knife to place a strip of Matte Black Embossing Paste above the stencil. Make sure there is a long enough strip to cover the entire jack o lantern image.
- Use the paste spreader to pull the embossing paste over the stencil. (Imagine a squeegee). The entire jack o lantern image should be filled.
- Remove the tape from the sides and bottom of the stencil.
- Carefully lift the Jack O Lantern Stencil from a corner like a door on a hinge. Then, pull the whole stencil off the card stock.
- Clean the stencil and let the pasted image dry completely.
- After the jack o lantern is dry, replace the stencil over the paste.
- Repeat steps 13-18, but use the crackle paste instead of the matte black.
- When paste is completely dry, it will appear to be cracked and a matte white in color.
- Color the jack o lantern image with Chameleon Pens. You may have to color it a couple of times to get the look you like. The paste lightens the color as the markers dry.
- Trim the jack o lanterns image closely, leaving just a little black around the subject.
- Cut black card stock a little larger than the spider web image and another piece a little larger than the sentiment.
- Attach the images to their corresponding black mats.
- Attach the jack o lanterns to the spider web image. Adhere this to the green background.
- Wrap May Arts Ribbon around the bottom of the green card stock background.
- Attach the sentiment with 3D Foam Tape.
- Adhere the card to the base.
- VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad 7.99
- Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink Pad by Tsukineko® - MEM01 6.99
- Crackle Embossing Paste 10.49
- Matte Black Embossing Paste 10.49
- Dreamweaver Palette Knife 3.99
- Paste Spreader 4.99
- Spider Web Stencil 10.99
- Jack O Lanterns Metal Stencil 7.49
- 1/4 inch Brush #6 Gold Handle 3.29
- HT400 Embossing Heat Tool 36.99
Also uses these supplies:
SSC1227 Halloween Haunts Perfectly Clear™ Stamps (retired)
Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Ribbon by May Arts
Chameleon® Markers (Grass Green, Olive Green, Seville Orange, Crimson Red, Warm Sunset, Bark, Black)
Scotch® 1/2" Adhesive Tape Scotch® Removable Tape
3D Foam Tape
Tim Holtz® Walnut Stain Distress Ink by Ranger®
Ink Blending Tool