Jumbo Happy Birthday Swirls by Louise Healy
- Fold a 6" x 9-1/2" piece of Coral Rose cardstock in half to form an A6 card.
- Place the Jumbo Happy Birthday stencil face down (so you can't see the stencil number) on the large platform of a die cut machine, spritz a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of white cardstock lightly with water and line it up on the stencil, carefully place the rubber embossing mat over the paper, add two cutting plates and run through the die cut machine.
- Leave the stencil on the embossed image, use a 1/2" brush to apply spun sugar over all the letters, switch to worn lipstick and bring the color up from the bottom of each letter, but don't completely cover the spun sugar, apply a little of the picked raspberry near the bottom of each letter, use the black fine line pen to outline each opening of the stencil, remove and clean stencil.
- Place the Swirl stencil over the colored Happy Birthday, use 1/4" stencil brushes to apply some pink and yellow swirls to the background, try to avoid the letters as much as possible, move the stencil as necessary, remove and clean the stencil.
- Run the picked raspberry ink around the edge of the paper and use the 1/4" brush to rouge just a little ink near the edges.
- Cut 4 squares 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" from the Fireflies paper and adhere them to each corner of the Happy Birthday layer leaving a small edge showing on each.
- Cut 2 pieces 1-1/2" x 1/2" from the Fireflies paper and adhere in the center of the top and bottom edges.
- Use foam tape to attach the Happy Birthday to the card front.
Also uses these supplies:
- My Colors Cardstock by My Mind's Eye (Coral Rose, Fireflies)
- Tim Holtz® Distress Ink by Ranger® (Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade)
- Removable Tape
- Die Cut Machine
- Rubber Embossing Mat
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
- Foam Tape
- Black Fine Line Pen
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project