Long Sunflower by Laura Drahozal
- Ink the back of stencil DWLG616 with Versamark.
- Set the stencil face down on the bed of your machine. Cover with the parrot card stock, rubber mat, and top mat.
- Run the project through the die cut machine.
- Remove the card stock and cover with clear embossing powder. Tap off the excess.
- Heat with the embossing tool.
- Tape stencil DWLL429 onto the burlap with the removeable tape. Be sure to tape all the way around the stencil.
- Remove the embossing paste with the palette knife and place a strip across the top of the stencil.
- Place the back of the palette knife above the paste, making contact with the stencil.
- Pull the knife down the stencil, depositing paste in the wells. You need to keep contact between the palette knife and the stencil all the way down.
- Place the remaining paste back into the container.
- Carefully remove the stencil from the burlap and allow the paste to dry completely.
- While the paste dries, place the selected stamp on the acrylic block, ink up with the Stazon, and stamp on the metal. Let it dry completely.
- After the paste is completely dry, you will "paint" it with the embossing powders. You will do this by coloring a small portion of paste with the Versamark Pen, covering it with the embossing powder, and heating it with the heat gun.
- Glue the completed burlap to the goldenrod card stock.
- Use the awl to create guide holes around the burlap.
- Stitch around the burlap with the tapestry needle and the twine.
- Cut the background image in half and mount it onto both sides of a piece of white 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" card stock.
- Adhere the center of the card.
- Use your Big Bite or hole punch to create holes on either side of a leaf.
- Run the crepe ribbon into the hole on one side and out through the hole on the other. Adhere the ends just under the card stock.
- Attach the card to a white card stock back that is 8 1/2" by 5 1/4" folded in half.
- Tie the metal tag onto the crepe ribbon using a hemp bow.
- Perfectly Clear Acrylic Stamp Handle Multiple Styles & Colors
- VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad 7.99
- VersaMarker Watermark Ink Pen 3.49
- Life Words Perfectly Clear Rubber Stamps Set 14.99
- Dreamweaver Regular Paste 4 Oz 9.49
- HT400 Embossing Heat Tool 36.99
- Leaf Texture Metal Stencil 9.99
- Long Sunflower Metal Stencil 7.49
Also uses these supplies:
EP300 Clear Lemon Embossing Powder
EP020 Clear Embossing Powder
EP232 Jade PEARLustre™ Embossing Powder
EP501 Olive Embossing Powder
Chocolate Embossing Powder
My Colors Cardstock by My Mind's Eye (Goldenrod, Parrot, White)
Metal Tag by Creative Impressions
Ribbon Antiqued Gold Ribbon by Creative Impressions
StazOn® Spiced Chai Ink Pad by Tsukineko®
Manual Die Cut Machine
Rubber Embossing Mat
Big Bite, Crop O Dile, or Hole Punch
1/2" Removable Tape by 3M®
Fabri-Tac™ by Beacon Adhesives
ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project