Oak Leaf by Louise Healy
- Fold the Tea Dye card in half to form an A7 card.
- Brayer acrylic paints on the Creative Palette and press the black cardstock over it, lay the Zen Flower stencil on the palette and gently brayer more paint over it, press the cardstock back over the stencil and paint, dry well.
- Tape the Maple Leaf stencil to cream cardstock and use 1/4" stencil brushes to add color, use an edge of the Picasso tool to add "veins" to the leaf.
- Lay the Oak Leaf stencil near the opposite side and tape in place.
- Apply Matte Black Embossing Paste using a Palette Knife and Paste Spreader.
- Remove and clean the stencil, let the paste dry.
- Place the clean, dry stencil back over the dry paste and skim a coat of Crackle Paste over the dry Black paste using a Palette Knife and Paste Spreader.
- Remove and clean the stencil, let the paste dry, it will crackle as it dries.
- Color the dry Crackle paste with Chameleon Pens, use a 1/2" stencil brush to rouge some color around the edges, then stamp with the background stamp from the Wired set, ticket punch the corners and mount on a black mat, then the card front.
- Create a fall colored background using the Creative Palette, acrylic paints and a brayer. The Zen Flower stencil was used too to add a pretty pattern to the background.
- Perfectly Clear Acrylic Stamp Handle Multiple Styles & Colors
- Maple Leaf Large Metal Stencil 7.49
- Crackle Embossing Paste 10.49
- Matte Black Embossing Paste 10.49
- Dreamweaver Palette Knife 3.99
- Paste Spreader 4.99
- Picasso Metal Shield/Stencil 7.49
- Zen Flower Metal Stencil 11.99
- Oak Leaf Metal Stencil 7.49
- 3/4 inch Brush #18 Natural Handle 3.59
Also uses these supplies:
Stampendous: NKCRS02 Cling Wired Set SSH57
Jumbo Perfectly Clear™ Acrylic Handle
Plus: Memento Inks - Dandelion, Tangelo, Lady Bug, Rhubarb Stalk, Bamboo Leaves, Potter's Clay (to color the maple leaf)
Chameleon Color Tones Pens - YL2, OR4, RD4, OL3, CB (on the Crackle Paste)
Core'dinations Tea Dye cardstock
Neenah Classic Linen Cover 80# Epic Black 08126 (to use with the Creative Palette)
Neenah Classic Crest Cover 80# Classic Cream 04594
Tonic Ticket corner punch Brayer
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project