Tall Vase with Scales by Louise Healy
- Fold a 6” x 9-1/2” piece of Tropical Splash cardstock in half to form an A6 card.
- Tape the Tall Vase stencil to a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of white cardstock with removable tape in the bottom left corner.
- Turn the paper and stencil over so the stencil is below the paper and use the large embossing tool to dry emboss the vase, turn back over, leave vase stencil in place.
- Use the ½” brush and Teal ink to brush a very light coat of teal over the embossed vase.
- Tape the Scales Stencil over the embossed vase and continue to add more color until it is as deep as you want.
- Remove and clean both stencils, dry thoroughly.
- Place the clean, dry vase back on the embossed image, then line the scales back over the stenciled image, tape both in place with removable tape.
- Use a palette knife and paste spreader to apply Translucent Embossing Paste over the image, remove stencils and place in water for cleaning, let paste dry.
- When the vase is dry, use the 1/2” stencil brush and the Scales stencil to apply a light coat of Teal ink in the background, move the Scale stencil as needed lining up the pattern as you fill the background.
- Stamp the saying with Teal ink in the upper right corner.
- Use a craft knife and cutting mat to cut a small slit across the top of the vase.
- Cut several thin strips of black cardstock using a guillotine cutter, place ends through the slit and adhere on the back of the vase.
- Adhere the vase to a 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” piece of Seafoam cardstock.
- Adhere to the card front near the lower right side.
Also uses these supplies:
- My Colors Tropical Splash, Seafoam Cardstock by My Minds Eye
- Black Cardstock
- Memento Teal Zeal Ink by Tsukineko®
- Guillotine Cutter
- Craft knife and mat
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project