Dreamweaver™ Zen Flower Stencil by Lyn Bernatovich
- Cut a white cardstock panel 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches. Lay the Creative Palette small rectangle onto a work surface. Place 2 acrylic paint colors onto the palette and brayer to smooth out the paint. If you have too much paint, brayer off onto a scrap piece of cardstock and go back over the painted palette. Save this brayered scrap piece!
- Lay the Graduated Dot Swirl Stencil gently over the painted palette being careful not to move it, as it will be slippery. Take a piece of copy paper and lay over the stencil and blot by gently pressing down all over the stencil. Do not swirl your flattened fingers over the paper for this technique. Remove the copy paper and carefully remove the stencil. Here I like to lay the painted side of the stencil down on a clean cardstock and brayer over it to lift any residual paint for my background stash.
- Lay the white cardstock panel over the painted and stenciled palette and swirl your flattened fingers over the back of the cardstock panel several times. Pull the cardstock away from the palette and set aside.
- Without cleaning the palette, blob 2 different acrylic paint colors onto the palette. Repeat Step 2 except you'll lay down the Mosaic Swirl Stencil. Repeat Step 3.
- Without cleaning the palette, blob 2 colors (make one a Gold Metallic) and repeat steps 2 and 3. Place all 3 stencils in water to clean.
- When the monoprinted panel is dry, lay the Zen Flower Stencil partially over the panel. Tape the top with removable tape to create a hinge for lifting of the stencil. With the Artis PITT pen (or similar), trace through the stencil being aware of the bridges and only draw one side. Once the flower is completely traced, remove the stencil and hand draw any remaining open and unconnected areas. To create more contrast and pop between the flower and background, paint a wash of white acrylic paint in all the areas surrounding the flower. Cut the flower panel 3-3/4 x 5 inches.
- Stamp the sentiment onto a scrap piece of white cardstock. Cut close to the sentiment and affix as shown. Mount onto a scrap coordinating cardstock leaving about a 1/8 inch boarder. Affix the sentiment as show with 3D Foam Adhesive Squares. Stamp the butterfly onto a saved brayer cleaning sheet. Diecut the butterfly and mount it with 3D Foam Adhesive Squares.
- Cut a cardstock base 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 inches and score at 4-1/4 inches. Cut a section from the brayer cleaning sheet 5 x 1/2 inches and affix to the left side of the card front. Affix the Zen Flower panel adjacent to the narrow strip making sure everything is centered onto the card front. Wrap a length of twine twice between the narrow strip and the Zen Flower panel.
- Onyx Black VersaFine Instant Dry Pigment Ink by Tsukineko 8.99
- Mixed Media White Paper 7.99
- Cling Build A Bouquet Set 11.99
- Graduated Dot Metal Stencil 11.99
- Zen Flower Metal Stencil 11.99
- Spring Sentiments Perfectly Clear Rubber Stamps Set 14.99
- Mosaic Swirls Metal Stencil 10.99
- Quatrefoil Metal Stencil 11.99
Also uses these supplies:
- Cardstock by Core'dinations®
- Ink Refills by Tsukineko® (Radiant Neon Electric Blue, Electric Yellow, Ultimate Metallic)
- Fluid Acrylics by Golden® (Green Gold, Titanium Buff)
- Acrylic Craft Paint by Plaid® (Robin's Egg Blue)
- Adirondack™ Acrylics by Ranger® (Lettuce, Raisin, Wild Plum, Stream)
- Scrapbook Adhesives® 3D Foam Mounting Squares by 3L®
- 1/2" Removable Tape by 3M®
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
- FPITT® Pen by Faber-Castell® (Black Small)
- Twine by May Arts