Large Chunky Tools Life is Art Journal Stencils by Lyn Bernatovich
- Cut card base 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, score at 4-1/4. Set aside.
- Cut mixed media paper 5-1/2 x 4-1/4 and tape the Chunky Tools stencil on all four sides to the paper. Scoop embossing paste with the palette knife and spread along the edge of a paste spreader. Starting at the top of the stencil, smoothly and with even pressure, pull the spreader down to the bottom of the stencil. Remove tape from three sides and carefully lift stencil from the lower corner up and off the paper taking the remaining tape with it. Set aside to dry.
- Place the clean and dry stencil back over the pasted image and tape along the top edge to form a hinge. Begin adding color with the 1/8" stencil brush in a rouging (circular) motion. Keep in mind the ink may be wet, so work the next color away from the previous color to avoid colors bleeding. Use the Picasso tool to add color in smaller areas and to block any adjacent colors from contamination. Keep a paper towel nearby to tamp off excess ink from the brush so as not to splotch too much color onto the image. Work with at least 3-4 stencil brushes to dedicate colors to one brush. Allow to dry and then fussy cut two of the images.
- Background Panel: Take an ordinary sheet of yellow construction paper (available at craft stores) and place on a work surface. Dab a few random pea-sized blobs of acrylic paint (think light to dark) in various areas over the sheet. With an old credit card, proceed to scrape paint in different directions to create streaks of color. Add another blob of acrylic paint and repeat the process until satisfied. Set aside to dry.
- Cut a section of the painted paper 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 and hand tear along the left edge. TIP: Tearing toward you reveals the core color adding interest to the panel. Paint the cling butterfly with white acrylic paint and stamp in the upper right area and slightly off of the panel. Ink the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black and stamp near the torn edge. Affix to card front.
- Affix the painted background panel to the card front. Mount the pencil at an angle with foam mounting tape. Mount the paintbrush with foam mounting tape at an interesting angle over the pencil. Wrap jute three times around card front and tie in a bow. Add Fragments to upper and lower right corner for interest and texture.
- Life is Art Rubber Stamp Multiple Styles & Colors
- Frantage Color Fragments Multiple Styles & Colors
- Butterfly Pattern Rubber Stamp Multiple Styles & Colors
- Mixed Media White Paper 7.99
- Lg Chunky Tools Stencil 9.99
- Dreamweaver Palette Knife 3.99
- Paste Spreader 4.99
- Picasso Metal Shield/Stencil 7.49
- 1/8 inch Brush #3 Blue Handle 2.79
Also uses these supplies:
Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Splendor™ Circus Ink Pad by Tsukineko®
Titanium White, Scarlet, Violet, Cerelean Blue, Orange, Pthalo Green Acrylic Paint by Jackson
Zip Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives™
Foam Mounting Tape by 3M®
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project