Maple Leaf by Lyn Bernatovich
- Cut burgundy cardstock 5-1/2 x 4-1/4 and edge distress all four sides with a distressing tool.
- Background: Spray several puddles of Memory Mists sprays onto a craft mat. Spray the Gold Iridescent spray into the puddles last. I use a full sheet of 8-1/2 x 11 mixed media paper and mop up the puddles with it. It's swirled, it's daubed, it's pressed and burnished, it's a combination of actions until I am pleased with the result. I might dry in between layers and add more color. I like using larger sheets at a time because I use the cut up pieces on may different projects.
- Hand tear a piece of the background paper to fit inside the 5-1/2 x 4-1/4 card front. Do not be afraid to really rip into those edges! Paint the brush strokes cling stamp directly with Golden Quinacridone Magenta acrylic paint and stamp onto background panel. Let dry. Paint the wired stamp with Peerless Gold acrylic paint and stamp over the brush strokes image but off to the right. Let dry. Stamp the sentiment in place leaving room for the leaves.
- Paste emboss the Maple Leaf stencil two separate times using Translucent Embossing Paste. I chose this type of paste because I wanted the background color to show through and create depth at the same time. Set aside to dry. Once dry, fussy cut each leaf.
- Hold a leaf with craft tweezers to avoid burning your fingers. Sprinkle Spoonful Rust Embossing Plus Kit onto the edges of the leaf and heat from underneath until melted. Repeat with the second leaf using Encrusted Jewel Purple Kit.
- Affix the leaves onto the card front with foam mounting tape.
- Wrap ribbon (May Arts) around the background panel and tie a bow. Mount the panel onto the card front with tape runner or Zip Dry adhesive.
- Life is Art Rubber Stamp Multiple Styles & Colors
- Frantage Encrusted Jewel Technique 5-Jar Kits Multiple Styles & Colors
- Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink Pad by Tsukineko® - MEM01 6.99
- Mixed Media White Paper 7.99
- Maple Leaf Large Metal Stencil 7.49
Also uses these supplies:
Stampendous: NKCRS02 Cling NK Studio Wired Set
EJK04 Purple Encrusted Jewel Kit
Plus: Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Golden Quinacridone Magenta Acrylic Paint Gold Acrylic Paint
Paintbrush Ribbon by May Arts Zip Dry™
Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives™
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project