Seashells Frame by Louise Healy
- Tape the Seahorse stencil to a piece of Sweet Potato cardstock and the Sea Turtle stencil to a piece of Grasshopper cardstock with removable tape.
- Use a palette knife and paste spreader to apply Matte Black Embossing Paste over both images, remove stencil and place in water for cleaning.
- Immediately sprinkle the the Seahorse with Carnelian Embossing Powder and the Sea Turtle with Jade Embossing Powder, tap off extra powders, heat set with heat tool, let cool, cut out images, set aside until assembly.
- Stamp shells from the Seashells set with Memento Tuxedo black on the Graphic45 paper, color with Copic Markers, and use the matching Seashells Die Cut set to cut them out. Die cut 4 pieces of "coral" from the reverse side of the Graphic45 paper.
- Use your craft mat or a palette to mix some Primary Cyan and Titanium White to the color blue you like for your "sea", use a brush to paint the canvas, adding more white near the bottom for the ocean floor, dry well.
- Mix Primary Blue and Primary Yellow to make green paint, place the Under the Sea stencil in the center of the canvas and use a 1/4" stencil brush to color the openings, wash the stencil and brush immediatley, let dry (the green will seep under the edges of the stencil a bit, that's what you want).
- Tape the clean dry Under the Sea stencil over the dry green paint with removable tape and apply Matte Black Embossing Paste over the stencil, remove and clean the stencil, let paste dry, swipe a little more white over the background to lighten it.
- Lay out all the pieces how you want them.
- Use a foam applicator to add some Memento Rich Cocoa in over the white paint on the ocean floor, apply a coat of Matte Medium and sprinkle with Golden Sand embossing powder, heat set.
- Use foam tape and ZipDry to attach all the pieces where you want them, let dry.
- Use the Quick Dry adhesive to apply some Taupe Color Fragments along the bottom edge.
- Use ZipDry to attach the canvas into the Shadow Box Frame, let dry
- Frantage Color Fragments Multiple Styles & Colors
- Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink Pad by Tsukineko® - MEM01 6.99
- Matte Black Embossing Paste 10.49
- Dreamweaver Palette Knife 3.99
- Paste Spreader 4.99
- 1/4 inch Brush #6 Gold Handle 3.29
- HT400 Embossing Heat Tool 36.99
- Under The Sea Metal Stencil 9.99
- Sea Turtle Metal Stencil 4.99
- Sea Horse Metal Stencil 4.99
- Cling Seashells Rubber Stamp Set 11.99
- Seashells Die Set 19.99
Also uses these supplies:
- My Colors Cardstock by My Mind's Eye (Sweet Potato, Grasshopper)
- Voyage Beneath the Sea Patterned Paper by Graphic 45
- Memento™ Rich Cocoa Ink by Tsukineko®
- Copic® Markers (E01, E31, E33, E51, E53, W1, W2, W4, Y21, YR21, YR15, YR24, YR68, R00, R30, R81, RV11, R85, 100)
- Media Fluid Acrylics by DecoArt® (Primary Cyan, Titanium White, Primary Yellow)
- Matte Medium by DecoArt®
- 9 x 9 Shadow Box
- 6 x 6 x 1-1/2 Canvas
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
- Quick Dry Adhesive by Scotch®
- Glue Dots®
- White Foam Tape
- 1/2" Removable Tape by 3M®
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project