The Great Pumpkin by Lyn Bernatovich
- Tape stencil to cardstock with removable tape. Scoop embossing paste from the jar using the Palette Knife. Paste The Great Pumpkin with Dreamweaver Matte Orange paste and a Paste Spreader. Remove the tape and carefully lift the stencil away. Set aside to dry. Lay the clean stencil back over the pasted image and distress with Splendor ink and a stencil brush. Once the ink is dry, fussy cut out. Holding the pumpkin with craft tweezers, sprinkle Stampendous Spoonful Rust Embossing Kit over the lower section of the pumpkin and heat with a heat tool from underneath until melted.
- Cut 1 Core’dinations cardstock 5-1/2 x 8-1/8 and score at 4-1/4. Cut a second panel 5-1/2x4-1/4. Dry emboss the larger cardstock panel using Dreamweaver Basic Opto Checkerboard stencil onto the smooth side of the paper using a rubber mat sandwich technique. (Sizzix Big Kick Sandwich: Platform (no tabs), stencil, cardstock, rubber mat, 2 cutting plates.) Corner round top right corner with the ½” Crop-A-Dial.
- Dry emboss the second cardstock panel on the textured side using the Dreamweaver Fall Borders stencil. To create a diagonal pocket effect, cut from the left top corner down to about 1-1/2” from the lower right hand corner. Edge distress the diagonal with a distressing tool and affix to the main panel. Option: Create a pocket with this piece.
- Tie ribbon along the lower edge approximately 1-1/2” up from the lower edge and tie into a bow. Affix ric rak over the ribbon with Scor-Tape.
- Affix pumpkin onto card front with 3D foam tape.
- Thread buttons with May Arts Hemp and affix with Beacon 3-1 Glue.
Also uses these supplies:
Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Splendor™ Magic Ink by Tsukineko®
ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives™
Scotch® Removable Tape 1/2" by 3M®
ATG Double Sided Mounting Tape by 3M®
Foam Mounting Tape by 3M®
1/8" Crop-A-Dile Corner Rounder by We R Memory Keepers
Craft Tweezers by We R Memory Keepers
Edge Distressing Tool by Prima®
3-1 Glue by Beacon Adhesives™
Ribbon, Ric-Rak, Hemp by May Arts