Seashells Coral Necklace by Laura Drahozal
- Place the coral stamp on the acrylic handle and stamp on white mixed media paper using the Stazon.
- Cut the image out, using the manual die cut machine and the coral die.
- Using the coral die, cut an additional piece from the mixed media paper and 3 pieces from the chipboard.
- Color the stamped image, making lots of layers and variations in colors.
- Use the small hole punch to create holes on both sides of one of the chipboard pieces. If the holes turn out in the right place, you will use this as a template. Otherwise, punch a different piece to create the template.
- Using the punched chipboard, punch holes in the same place on all the pieces.
- Use the black sharpie to color the edges of all of the pieces.
- Line up the pieces and glue them together.
- Use the Versamark Pen on the edges of the piece.
- Cover the edges with black embossing powder and heat emboss.
- Cover the top of the piece with ink by tapping it on the Versamark Ink Pad.
- Cover piece with clear embossing powder and heat emboss.
- Repeat steps 11 and 12 until you love the coral piece.
- Place the jump rings into the holes. You will use the pliers to open and close the rings by twisting them sideways. Do not open them by pulling them apart at the cut.
- Tie the middle of a very long string of hemp around a jump ring. You will need at least 3 times the length you want it to end up.
- Lay the coral high up on the table facing you.
- Lay one string on a table straight down towards you.
- With the other string, create a triangle whose tail crosses the other string. It should look like the number 4.
- Pull the tail of the 4 under the first string and through the triangle. Pull tight.
- Repeat steps 17-19, adding a bead on the main string whenever you think it looks appropriate.
- When the finished cord reaches about half of the total length you would like, tie on the clasp with both strings.
- Cut off the extra hemp.
- Repeat steps 17-22 with the other side.
- Deep Impressions Chunky Embossing Enamels Multiple Styles & Colors
- Perfectly Clear Acrylic Stamp Handle Multiple Styles & Colors
- VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad 7.99
- VersaMarker Watermark Ink Pen 3.49
- Mixed Media White Paper 7.99
- HT400 Embossing Heat Tool 36.99
- Cling Seashells Rubber Stamp Set 11.99
- Seashells Die Set 19.99
Also uses these supplies:
- Chipboard (or upcycled cereal box)
- StazOn® Jet Black Ink Pad by Tsukineko®
- Prismacolor® Colored Pencils (Carmine Red, Scarlet Lake, Tuscan Red, Poppy Red)
- Black Sharpie®
- Big Shot™ by Sizzix®
- White Glue
- Small Hole Punch
- 2 Large Jump Rings
- Jewelry Pliers
- Blue Hemp
- Assorted Beads and Pearls
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project