Dreamweaver™ Pine Cones Stencil by Lyn Bernatovich
- Cut a brown card base 4-1/4 x 11 inches and score at 5-1/2 inches creating a left side fold. Set aside. Cut a second panel in the same brown cardstock 5-1/4 x 3-3/4 inches. This is the piece to use with the Creative Palette.
- Prepare the Creative Palette small rectangle by soaking it in hot water for 5-10 minutes. Remove and place on a protected work surface. Place a few pea-size blobs of burnt sienna acrylic paint onto the rectangle and spread around with the brayer covering the entire surface. Roll any remaining paint left on the brayer onto scrap paper. Lay the cardstock panel over the rectangle and gently rub over the back of the cardstock with the flat part of your fingers. Peel away the cardstock. Clean the pine cones stencil.
- Place a few pea sized blobs of gold acrylic paint onto the palette (no need to clean it) and spread over the surface evenly with the brayer. Next, CAREFULLY place the pine cones stencil onto the painted surface with the part number facing up and gently press into the paint. It will be very slippery. Lift off the stencil without wiggling it as best you can and set the painted side of the stencil down on a scrap cardstock. Place the burnt sienna pulled panel over the stenciled rectangle and press in all directions with the flat of your fingers. Peel away and let dry. You should see a negative of the pine cones with
- a mottled background in gold. Clean the Creative Palette rectangle with a baby wipe or spritz with water and dry with a lint free cloth.
- Place the Pine Cones Stencil over the dry monoprinted brown panel so it perfectly lines up. Prepare the panel for pasting with removable tape on all four sides making sure there are no exposed cardstock edges. Paste the pine cones in gold embossing paste using a paste spreader. Remove the taped edges leaving the top taped edge in place. Lift up the stencil and pull away from the cardstock. Place tools and stencil in water. Set the pasted pine cones aside to dry.
- Pick up the card base and sprinkle Spoonful of Gold Dust over the top right corner. Melt from underneath with a heat tool.
- Edge distress all four sides of the pine cones panel. Stamp sentiment to the left of the panel. With a quilling tool or fruit skewer, curl the top right corner of the pine cone panel. Affix the panel to the card base.
Also uses these supplies:
- Colored Cardstock
- VersaFine™ Vintage Sepia Ink by Tsukineko®
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
- Folk Art™ Acrylic Paint by Plaid® (Metallic Pure Gold)
- Americana™ Acrylic Paint by DecoArt® (Burnt Sienna)
- Quilling Tool or Fruit Skewer
- Comfort Distress Tool by Prima Marketing