Elegant Elephant by Louise Healy
- Fold a 7" x 10" piece of Fireflies cardstock in half to form an A7 card.
- Tape the Elegant Elephant stencil to a 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” piece of Cloak Gray cardstock with removable tape.
- Use a palette knife and paste spreader to apply Regular Embossing Paste over the image, remove stencil and place in water for cleaning.
- Let pasted image sit about 6-7 minutes then use a soft brush to carefully apply the various MetallicFX Mica Powders (shown - Moonstone, Goldfinch, Pixie Blush, Kiwi, Navajo Sky, Pewter) on the wet paste, use a very light touch, do not try to wipe any extra off at this point, apply all color then let the paste dry thoroughly.
- Place the Thicket stencil on a 4” x 5 1/4” piece of white cardstock and use a 1/2” stencil brush to apply the Thyme ink, move the stencil around the paper to fill the background.
- Clean and dry the Thicket stencil.
- Stencil the Thicket design on 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” pieces of Cloak Gray and Sweetie Pie papers using VersaMark with a foam applicator, clean stencil.
- Stamp the saying on a 2” x 2” piece of white, brush around the edges with P. Thyme ink.
- When the paste is dry, gently wipe off extra powders with a Swiffer cloth, cut out elephant, leave a small gray edge all around, use the fine line black pen to add an “eye”.
- Adhere the Cloak Gray layer to the left side of the card front placing it at an angle.
- Adhere the Sweetie Pie layer over the gray near the right side of the card angling it the opposite direction as the gray.
- Adhere the white layer in the center of the other layers.
- Use FabriTac to add a piece of green RicRak about 1/2” up from the bottom edge of the card.
- Adhere the saying to the upper left area of the card.
- Use foam tape to add the Elegant Elephant along the RicRak.
- VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad 7.99
- Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink Pad by Tsukineko® - MEM01 6.99
- Mixed Media White Paper 7.99
- Dreamweaver Regular Paste 4 Oz 9.49
- Dreamweaver Palette Knife 3.99
- Paste Spreader 4.99
- Elegant Elephant Metal Stencil 8.99
- Thicket Metal Stencil 8.99
- Hugs Kisses Wishes Rubber Stamp Multiple Styles & Colors
Also uses these supplies:
- My Colors Cardstock by My Minds Eye – Fireflies, Cloak Gray, Sweetie Pie
- FabriTac by Beacon Adhesives
- Fine Line Black Pen
- Soft Paint Brush
- Swiffer Cloth
- Brilliance Pearlescent Thyme Ink by Tsukineko®
- Foam Applicator
- Foam Tape
- Green RicRak
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project