Flower Jars by Alison Heikkila
1. Cut a piece of watercolor paper down to 5 1/4" x 3 3/4."
2. Swipe the Calypso Kaleidacolor ink across an acrylic block. I kept the pads separated so the ink wouldn't blend on the pads. My acrylic block has a wavy edge, but you could use any block you have.
3. Spritz the block with water to help the colors blend, but try not to overdo it, or the colors will get muddy.
4. Carefully flip the block on to the piece of watercolor paper and press down. The colors will blend under the block.
5. Place something heavy on top of the block and leave it for a few minutes.
6. Remove the block and allow ink to completely dry. You can use a heat tool to speed things up.
7. Swipe the watercolor paper with an anti-static powder tool to be sure the paper is no longer damp.
8. Stamp the Flower Jars on to the watercolor paper with VersaMark ink.
9. Heat emboss the image with Detail White Embossing Powder.
10. Choose a sentiment from the Brushed Wishes stamp set and stamp with VersaMark Ink.
11. Heat emboss the sentiment with Detail White Embossing Powder.
12. Round the corners of the watercolor paper with a medium corner rounder.
13. Create the card base out of Caribbean Sea cardstock, cut to the size of 8" x 5 1/2."
14. Ink the edges of the card base by swiping it across the blue color in the Calypso ink pad.
15. Adhere the watercolor paper to the card base.
Also uses these supplies:
My Colors Cardstock: Caribbean Sea
Imagine: Kaleidacolor Rainbow Ink Pad in Calypso
Scrapbook Adhesives: Permanent Strips.
Artist's Loft 140lb Cold Press Watercolor Paper
Anti-Static Powder Tool
EK Success: Medium Corner Rounder