Americana Cadmium Orange, Ebony Black, Irish Moss, Jack-O-Lantern Orange, Marigold, Mistletoe, Primary Yellow, Purple Pizzazz, & White Wash Acrylic Paint by DecoArt®
DuraClear Matte Varnish by DecoArt®
Votive Holder by Viking Woodcrafts
- Seal the base and sand lightly. Basecoat the entire base with White Wash. Apply one coat of matter varnish to entire surface..
- Place the Pumpkin Ghouls stamp onto an acrylic handle. Dampen sponge and remove as much water as possible. Load with Ebony Black. When using paint on stamps it is important that you do not overload the image. Pour a puddle of paint out on the palette. Pounce the sponge into the paint and then on a clean area of the palette. When you look at the bottom of the sponge it should be covered by paint but you should still be able to see the texture of the sponge. Now quickly pounce the loaded sponge over the entire image and stamp it in the middle of the front of the votive holder, the back in the same manner and both sides. Load the stamp each time you make an impression. If you don’t like what you have stamped simply wipe it off with a wet wipe! Since you already have a coat of varnish on the surface, it will clean up easily. Now apply Ebony Black to the Pumpkin Pals stamp and stamp on both sides of the ghouls. Repeat on the back.
- Using a bubble palette, place about a dime size drop of Irish Moss, Jack-O-Lantern Orange, Marigold, Purple Pizzazz ,and Primary Yellow in individual bubbles. Mix one part paint with appx three parts water mixed with Easy Float. Completely mix the paint until it becomes transparent. Using a #4 shader brush wash in all the colors referring to the photo for placement. The pumpkins with the green hair are Marigold.
- Shade each color with full strength paint using a flat brush. Apply a second shade to the orange areas with Cadmium Orange, the yellow areas with Marigold, green areas with Mistletoe, and the marigold areas with Jack-O-Lantern Orange.
- Apply a border of Jack-O-Lantern Orange along the top of the votive holder. Pull lines of Mistletoe as the grass blades.