W113 Rooster Elements
FRG07C Steel Blue Glass Glitter
FRG11C Red Glass Glitter
FRM05 Bronzed Mica Fragments
EP505 Clear Bark Embossing Powder
FRC11 Scarlet Color Fragments
VM001 VersaMark™ Watermark Stamp Pad
Peacock Pearl Dazzling Metallic Paint & Black Tie Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint by DecoArt
Metallic Lustre Copper Kettle by DecoArt
Dimensional Effects & Decoupage Gloss by DecoArt
Hexagon Stencil by Dreamweaver
Chipboard & Metal Cogs & Gears
Gold Organza Ribbon
1. Paint book board using Peacock pearl and a paint brush. While this layer dries take some tissue paper and apply a thin layer of the gloss Decoupage to one side. This will be used as an adhesive.
2. Apply the tissue paper to your choice of areas by scrunching onto painted board.
3. Place the hexagon metal stencil onto the book board. Using a palette knife spread on DecoArt Dimensional effects in a thin layer and allow to dry.
4. Apply dimensional pearls randomly on piece.
5. Once dry paint over everything again with the Peacock Pearl paint.
6. Take some of the elements you wish to use later, paint with the Peacock pearl paint and set aside. Let dry.
7. Using your finger, lightly rub on the DecoArt Metallic Lustre Copper Kettle over parts of the project such as the hexagon paste and the crumpled tissue paper. Cover the elements with the Copper Kettle Luster. Let dry.
8. Take the Black Tie acrylic paint and using your finger apply to parts of the project, getting it into the cracks of the textures. Let dry slightly and the gently white off exposing the texture.
9. Stamp the Rooster Elements using Memento Tuxedo black stamp pad onto smooth white card stock. Color with alcohol markers.
10. Put a thin coat of the gloss Decoupage over the rooster and let dry.
11. Cut Rooster out.
12. Using your Versamark stamp pad and the bark embossing powder, emboss the rooster elements stamp onto the background. Some of the image will not show up due to the texture. Heat set the embossed image.
13. Using foam tape, pop up colored rooster on the base piece.
14. Apply large painted cogs and gears using foam tape and regular adhesive depending on if you want the cog popped or flat.
15. Using the gloss Decou-page as adhesive apply the crushed glass glitter, mica and color fragments anywhere you desire.
16. Heat pice of organza ribbon carefully with heat gun and allow to slightly curl. Stick into the book board base using stick pins.
17. Using Decoupage add small watch pieces. Frame your piece or use it for a book cover.
Bonus Frame Instructions
- Black 8 x 10 frame
- Black 8 x 10 book board/chip board
- DecoArt Dimensional effects
- DecoArt Decou-page™ gloss
- Dreamweaver Hexagon stencil
- DecoArt Peacock pearl Dazzling metallic paint
- DecoArt Metallic Lustre™ Copper Kettle
1. Remove glass from 8″ x 10″ frame.
2. Using a black frame wipe some Peacock Pearl paint over it and then let slightly dry. Wipe off some of the paint.
3. Use rubbing alcohol to remove more if needed.
4. Using the hexagon stencil apply Dimensional effects to frame. Let dry.
5. Paint over dimensional effects with Peacock pearl and let dry.
6. Rub on gently with your finger the Metallic Luster Copper Kettle. Let dry.
7. With your finger apply the black acrylic paint over parts of the Metallic luster and let slightly dry. Rub some off to reveal luster.
8. Place Rooster piece on black book board and then place inside frame.