SAS01 Stack Art Stamps Angel Wings
SAS02 Stack Art Stamps Regal Bird
SAS03 Stack Art Stamps Royal Heart
R190 Baroque Cross
EP218 Sapphire PEARLustre Embossing Powder
EP219 Amethyst PEARLustre Embossing Powder
EP223 Moonstone PEARLustre Embossing Powder
EP216 Garnet PEARLustre Embossing Powder
EP112 Starry Night Sparkly Embossing Powder
FRG13 Royal Blue Crushed Glass Glitter
SSH46 Large Perfectly Clear Acrylic Handle
Americana Blue Violet, Burnt Umber, Dioxazine Purple, Lamp Black, & Victorian Blue Acrylic Paint by DecoArt®
Dazzling Metallic Glorious Gold & Rich Espresso Acrylic Paint by DecoArt®
Art Mechanic Rectangle Bezel
White Polymer Clay
9″ x 12″ Wood Plaque by Walnut Hollow®
Crystyler Crystals by Walnut Hollow®
Metal or Glass Tray
- Knead the clay so that it is soft and workable. Roll in a ball and roll the clay out using a rolling pin or acrylic roller to 1/4 inch in depth. Spray the rubber stamps with a light mist of water and press firmly into the clay. Lift the stamp off the clay. Select areas of the stamped patterns and cut in squares and rectangles to fit onto the wooden plaque. Stamp two of the Baroque Cross stamp. Cut one as a rectangle and the other cut the cross out with an X-Acto Knife. The wings and face were also cut out using an X-Acto Knife. Dry brush highlights of Glorious Gold on the Wings and cross. Roll small balls of clay and press with text stamp to make the circles in each corner.
- Using a stylus, press deeper holes into the circle areas on the cross. Press the rectangle bezel into a large clay rectangle, then cut out the area for the bezel an place into the clay. Lay all the clay on a metal or glass tray and bake according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Allow to completely cool.
- Create a wash for each of the acrylic colors Blue Violet, Burnt Umber, Dioxazine Purple, and Victorian Blue by thinning them with water. Apply to tiles referring to the photo for color placement. Lightly wipe with paper towel to allow white to show through. Paint the wood plaque with a combination of Glorious Gold and Rich Espresso.
- Lightly sprinkle purple tiles with Amethyst, Garnet, and Starry night embossing powders Blue tiles are sprinkled with Sapphire and brown tiles with Moonstone. Place back into oven until the embossing powders melt onto the tiles. Allow to cool and glue onto the plaque. Glue all elements onto plaque.
- Coat white card stock with a wash of Victorian Blue. Cut and glue into place in the bezel. Mix a small amount of Ice Resin following manufacturer’s instructions. Pour so the bezel is filled half full. Sprinkle with blue glitter. Allow to dry overnight. Stamp letters and place onto hardened resin gluing them into place. Mix more resin. Fill bezel and coat entire mosaic plaque with resin as a varnish.