CRS7004 Cling Blossom Beauty
Tuxedo Black ink by Tsukineko
Black Detail Pen (Optional)
Acrylic Paints by DecoArt
White Gesso by DecoArt
Metallic Lustre by DecoArt
Dimensional Effects by DecoArt
Decou-Page by DecoArt
White tissue paper
Fabric scraps (i.e. Muslin, cheesecloth)
Buttons, decorative eyelets
Self adhesive rhinestones
Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol (optional)
Heavy Medium Gel
- Prepare plaque with white gesso.
- Glue down scraps of paper, cheesecloth and/or lace onto surface with Decou-Page and dry.
- Cover with a coat of white gesso and dry.
- Stamp face image onto tissue paper that has a piece of scrap paper underneath if ink should bleed through the tissue paper.
- Glue face to plaque and color with watered down paint being careful not to over wet the tissue paper and tear it with the bristles of the brush.
- Create locks of hair using strips of solid color fabrics and lace with a layer Dimensional Effects medium. Crumple paper or foil to use as a form for creating dimensional twirls of hair.
- Glue hair in place with Dimensional Effects and coat hair with a layer of white gesso. Paint if desired.
- Paint background carefully around face and hair in layers either letting them dry completely or rubbing away some layers while wet to show color underneath.
- Add flat adhesive rhinestones around face.
- Tip: If you add layers of paint over rhinestones or any non-porous findings, use rubbing alcohol on a cleaning cloth to rub away paint.
- Glue cord, buttons and eyelets or whatever findings you choose into the hair for flair. Paint them and add flat adhesive rhinestones to cover holes on buttons.
- Add Metallic Lustre Medium around the outer edge of the plaque with a clean cloth.
- Go over any stamped lines with a black permanent detail pen to make contrast.