Americana Avocado, Lamp Black, Light Buttermilk, Tomato Red, & Traditional Raw Sienna Acrylic Paint by DecoArt®
DuraClear Matte Varnish by DecoArt®
Zip Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
- Seal the surface and sand lightly. Basecoat the entire base with Light Buttermilk and the scrolls with Lamp Black. Apply one coat of matter varnish to entire surface.
- Place the stamp onto an acrylic handle. Dampen sponge and remove as much water as possible. Load with Lamp Black. When using paint on stamps it is important that you do not overload the image. Pour a puddle of paint out on the palette. Pounce the sponge into the paint and then on a clean area of the palette. When you look at the bottom of the sponge it should be covered by paint but you should still be able to see the texture of the sponge. Now quickly pounce the loaded sponge over the entire image and stamp it onto the surface. If you don’t like what you have stamped simply wipe it off with a wet wipe! Since you already have a coat of varnish on the surface, it will clean up easily.
- Using a bubble palette, place about a dime size drop of Avocado, Tomato Red, and Traditional Raw Sienna in individual bubbles. Mix one part paint with appx three parts water mixed with Easy Float. Completely mix the paint until it becomes transparent. Using a large brush for the background, wash in Traditional Raw Sienna. Using a #4 shader brush wash in all the remaining colors referring to the photo for placement.
- Shade each color with full strength paint using a flat brush. Apply a second shade to the outer edge of the surface with a light float of Tomato Red.
- Apply the VersaMarkerover all the black scrolls. Sprinkle with Starry Night Embossing Powder and heat set.
- Add varnish to the surface without covering the embossing.