SSC1217 Eclectic Charms Perfectly Clear™ Stamps
CP475 Creative Palette Rectangles
FRG16C Fuchsia Glass Glitter
FRG10C Shaved Ice
MPW811 Mixed Media White Paper
SSH38 Small Perfectly Clear™ Acrylic Handle
Americana® Baby Blue, Baby Pink, Cadmium Yellow, Lamp Black, Snow white, and True Blue Acrylic Paint by DecoArt®
Easy Float by DecoArt®
Matte Medium by DecoArt®
Rounde Silvertone 1/2″ Bezel
Two Part Resin by ICE Resin
All Purpose Glue
Disposable Measuring Cups
- Using the small rectangle Creative Palette, place small drops of True Blue, Baby Blue, and Baby Pink on to the palette, roll with brayer and press paper into the palette. Allow to dry and cut a circle to fit the bezel. Coat with mate medium, allow o dry and glue into the bezel. Mix a small amount of Ice Resin following the instructions by the manufacturer and pour just enough to cover the bottom. Sprinkle in mica flakes and glitter. Allow to dry over night.
- The stamping and painting will need to be done twice since this necklace is completed with the layered technique. Basecoat the paper with Snow White, this will help keep it white and not allow it to discolor after the resin is poured. Place the stamp from the collection onto an acrylic handle. Dampen a cosmetic sponge and remove as much water as possible. Pour a puddle of Lamp Black out on the palette paper. Pounce the sponge into the paint and then on a clean area of the palette. When you look at the bottom of the sponge it should be covered by paint but you should still be able to see the texture of the sponge. Pounce the sponge onto the stamp and stamp onto the mixed media paper. The details should be easily seen and not be too dark. Repeat this process and stamp the cat a second time.
- Using a bubble palette, place about a dime size drop of Baby Pink, Cadmium Yellow, and Baby Blue into individual bubble. Create a mixture of three parts water and one part Easy Float. Mix one part paint with three parts water or enough water to make the paint transparent. Completely mix the paint in the bubble palette so there is no solid pigment. Using a #3 round wash in the blue areas of the bird with Baby Blue, the pink areas with Baby Pink, and the Cadmium Yellow to the beak and tips of flowers. Float to shade the second bird with True Blue and the breast with Baby Pink. Allow to dry and coat both sides of the paper with matte medium.
- When dry, cut the first bird and lowers to fit into the bezel. Cut out the second images of the bird and flowers individually. Coat these images again with matte medium. Allow to dry and glue the first image into the bezel. Sprinkle more mica chips and pour resin to cover all the elements. Allow to dry overnight.
- Glue the second bird and flowers into position. Mix a small amount of Ice resin again. Pour just enough to cover the images. Allow to dry overnight. Glue rhinestone chain around the perimeter of the bezel. Mix additional Ice Resin and fill the bezel. Allow to harden. Add charms, beads, and chain of choice using jump rings.