SSC1217 Eclectic Charms Perfectly Clear™ Stamps
DCP1001 Pop Up Die Set
FRG07 Steel Blue Crushed Glass Glitter
Cp811 Creative Palette
MPW811 Mixed Media White Paper
SSH38 Small Perfectly Clear™ Acrylic Handle
Americana® Baby Blue. Lamp Black, Purple Pizzazz, True Blue, and Turquoise Blue Acrylic Paint by DecoArt®
Matte Medium by DecoArt®
ICE Resin® Two Part Resin
Cosmetic Sponge Wedges
All Purpose Glue
Eye Pins & Jump Rings
Disposable Measuring Cups
- Using the two largest rectangle dies, tape together, and cut eight “frames” to create the bezel using a Big Shot or similar machine. Glue the frames together to create the depth of the bezel. Basecoat with Lamp Black.
- Cut two large backs for the bezels using craft board or heavy mixed media paper. Glue an eye hook or bail to the top of one of the cuts, then glue the two piece together. Base the back side with Lamp Black. Do not glue the base to the frame until the first layer of the artwork is completed.
- The inside artwork is completed with the layered technique. Using the Creative Palette, apply multiple drops of True Blue, Purple Pizzazz, and Turquoise Blue onto the palette. Spread with brayer. Place the media paper into the paint, then lift. Allow to dry.
- Stamp the Eiffel Tower stamp multiple times over the colorized paper. Place the stamp from the kit and place it onto an acrylic handle. Dampen a cosmetic sponge and remove as much water as possible. Pour a puddle of Lamp Black out on the palette paper. Pounce the sponge into the paint and then on a clean area of the palette. When you look at the bottom of the sponge it should be covered by paint but you should still be able to see the texture of the sponge. Pounce the sponge onto the stamp and stamp onto the colorized mixed media paper. The details should be easily seen and not be too dark.
- Cut the first layer of the artwork using the largest die. Glue to top of base and coat with matte medium. Glue the frame into position and allow to completely dry. Mix the resin following the manufacturer’s instructions and pour just enough to coat the image. Sprinkle some glitter into the resin. Allow to harden overnight.
- Cut the tower and post mark out using scissors. Coat all sides of the art with matte medium to seal it. Allow to completely dry. Glue into the art and watch parts position and allow to dry. Mix the resin following the manufacturer’s instructions and pour to fill the bezel. Allow to harden overnight. Add charms, beads, and chain of choice using jump rings.