CRS5070 Jumbo Cling Woodland Snowman
CRS5056 Jumbo Cling Top Hat Snowman text and snowflake
Stampendous® Acrylic Handles – plus Jumbo Acrylic Handle to paint on
DecoArt Americana® Acrylic Paint – Grey Sky, Lamp Black, Marigold , Santa Red, Snow White
Americana Multi-Surface Satin, Cottontail, Black Tie
DecoArt DuraClear Matte Varnish
Silver Brush Ltd. Brushes- Golden Natural brushes, 2008S Square Wash, size ½”, 2002S Shader, size #4 and #6, 2000S Round, size #3, Series 2007S Liner, size #00
Red card Stock
Cosmetic Sponge Wedges ( without oils or lotions)
Paper Palette or Stampendous Creative Palette
Small red buttons
1. Drill holes with a drill press. Two on the top and three on the bottom equally spaced. cut a 12″ doll rod into three 4 inch sections.
2. Lay the clear handle surface on top of the Country Snowman, centering the stamp. Base the snowman with Americana Multi-Surface Satin, Cottontail directly onto the acrylic handle using the stamp below as the guide. Add snow with same paint. Apply multiple coats until smooth and even. Add one coat of Snow White over the based areas. Base doll rods with Snow White. Add the snowflake to a small handle and load with Santa Red. Stamp the snowflakes around the snowman three times. draw a circle around the snowflakes and base around them with Snow White.
3. Apply the stamp to an acrylic handle. Load cosmetic sponge with Black Tie. When using paint on stamps it is important that you do not overload the image. Pour a puddle of paint out on the palette. Pounce the sponge into the paint and then on a clean area of the palette. When you look at the bottom of the sponge it should be covered by paint but you should still be able to see the texture of the sponge. Now quickly pounce the loaded sponge over the entire image and stamp it on the surface Carefully align the stamp and stamp over the based area. Immediately wash the stamp with soap and water. If any has dried use an old tooth brush to clean. Apply the text stamp onto a handle and stamp the red cardstock to cover the card stock. Decoupage the cardstock to the back of the handle. Trim with X-Acto knife when dry.
4. Float to shade the snowman and wash over the hat band and tassel with Grey Sky. Base in the red areas and add red stripes with Santa Red. The stripes on the doll rod are simply angled stripes of Santa Red. Base in the nose with Marigold.
5. Mix Santa Red with Snow White and drybrush cheeks to snowman. Float to shade nose with Santa Red. Pull lines of Snow White over the hat band and tassel. Glue buttons to snowman.
6. Allow to cure for 24 hours. Apply multiple coats of matte varnish just over the painted areas. Add handle and rods to handle with red ribbon.