SSC1198 Frantage Flowers Perfectly Clear™ Stamps
SSC1177 Butterfly Charms Perfectly Clear™ Stamps
DCP1001 Pop Up Die Set
FRG02 Champagne Crushed Glass Glitter
MPW811 Mixed Media White Paper
SSH38 Small Perfectly Clear™ Acrylic Handle
Americana® Deep Burgundy, Desert Sand, Hauser Light Green, Lamp Black, Medium Flesh, Traditional Burnt Umber Acrylic Paint by DecoArt®
Dazzling Metallics Shimmering Glorious Gold Acrylic Paint by DecoArt®
ICE Resin® Two Part Resin
Cosmetic Sponge Wedges
All Purpose Glue
Eye Pins & Jump Rings
Disposable Measuring Cups
- Using the two largest oval dies, tape together, and cut eight “frames” to create the bezel using a Big Shot or similar machine. Glue the frames together to create the depth of the bezel. Basecoat with Glorious Gold.
- Cut two large backs for the bezels using craft board or heavy mixed media paper. Glue an eye hook or bail to the top of one of the cuts, then glue the two pieces together. Base the back side with Glorious Gold. Do not glue the base to the frame until the first layer of the artwork is completed.
- The inside artwork is completed with the layered technique. Cut a piece of media paper using the large die. Base with Desert Sand. Allow to dry and stamp with all stamps using Traditional Burnt Umber. Wash in the butterfly and large flower with Deep Burgundy and the stem with leaves with Hauser Light Green. Cut out the base with the large oval and glue the bezel together. Mix the resin following the manufacturer’s instructions and pour just enough to coat the image. Sprinkle some glitter into the resin. Allow to harden overnight.
- Stamp the flower and butterfly stamps multiple times over the white paper. Place the stamp from the kit and place it onto an acrylic handle. Dampen a cosmetic sponge and remove as much water as possible. Pour a puddle of Lamp Black out on the palette paper. Pounce the sponge into the paint and then on a clean area of the palette. When you look at the bottom of the sponge it should be covered by paint but you should still be able to see the texture of the sponge. Pounce the sponge onto the stamp and stamp onto the white mixed media paper. The details should be easily seen and not be too dark. Wash over the entire flower and butterfly with Medium Flesh, then shade with Deep Burgundy. Cut all images with matte medium to seal.
- Glue images to resin and allow to dry. Allow to completely dry. Mix the resin following the manufacturer’s instructions and pour to fill the bezel. Allow to harden overnight. Add charms, beads, and chain of choice using jump rings.