HGRP06 Stacked Gifts
HHP08 Opening Gifts
HMV15 Cheesy Gift
EJS07 Spoonful of Confetti
SSH57 Jumbo Perfectly Clear™ Acrylic Handle
Americana® Cadmium Yellow, Citron Green, Electric Pink, Irish Moss, Lamp Black, Mistletoe, Peony Pink, Rookwood Red, Snow White, Tangelo Orange, True Blue, True Red, Ultra Blue Deep Acrylic Paint by DecoArt®
Multi-Purpose Sealer by DecoArt®
Easy Float by DecoArt®
DuraClear Matte Varnish by DecoArt®
Black Microperm Marker 01 by Sakura
Basket by Viking Wood Crafts
All Purpose Glue
- Prepare the surface with sealer, sand, then wipe with dampened cheese cloth. Note, it is important that there are not any areas with high wood grain. Sand until smooth. Basecoat entire surface with Snow White. Apply multiple coats until smooth and even. Base the inside of the basket Citron Green. The top edge of the rim is based with True Blue. Apply stripes to the handle with Citron Green, True Blue, Electric Pink, and Cadmium Yellow. Use a ultra fine permanent marker to add stitch lines by the stripes. Apply a thin coat of matte varnish to the entire box. This will protect the work you have already done plus allow for easy clean-up for the next step. Apply a thin coat of glue to the entire rim, then sprinkle with the spoonful confetti.
- Place the bunny stamp onto acrylic handle. Load with Lamp Black and stamp in the middle of the basket base. Then stamp the mouse to the right of the bunny and the ear to the left.
- Using a bubble palette, place about a dime size drop of True Blue, Tangelo Orange, Citron Green, Cadmium Yellow, and Electric Pink in individual bubbles. Mix one part paint with appx three parts water mixed with Easy Float. Completely mix the paint until it becomes transparent. Using a flat shader and/or #3 round brush to wash in colors referring to the photo.
- Shade each color with full strength paint using a flat brush. Add second shades to the blue areas with Ultra Blue Deep, the orange areas with Rookwood Red, the pink areas with Peony Pink, green areas with Irish Moss, and yellow areas with tangelo Orange + Cadmium Yellow (1:1). Reinforce the shades to the green areas with Mistletoe, and the pink areas with True Red.
- 5.Add confetti to background with lines and dots of the colors from the palette.
- Allow to cure 24 hours and then coat with matte varnish.