SSC1198 Frantage Flowers Perfectly Clear™ Stamps
DCP1001 Pop Up Die Set
FRG01C Silver Crushed Glass Glitter
MPW811 Mixed Media White Paper
SSH38 Small Perfectly Clear™ Acrylic Handle
Americana® Desert Sand, Hauser Light Green, Traditional Burnt Umber, Whispering Turquoise Acrylic Paint by DecoArt®
Dazzling Metallics Silver Acrylic Paint by DecoArt®
Matte Medium by DecoArt®
ICE Resin® Two Part Resin
Cosmetic Sponge Wedges
All Purpose Glue
Eye Pins & Jump Rings
Disposable Measuring Cups
- Using the two largest rectangle dies, tape together, and cut eight “frames” to create the bezel using a Big Shot or similar machine. Glue the frames together to create the depth of the bezel. Basecoat with Silver.
- Cut two large backs for the bezels using craft board or heavy mixed media paper. Glue an eye hook or bail to the top of one of the cuts, then glue the two piece together. Base the back side with Silver. Do not glue the base to the frame until the first layer of the artwork is completed.
- The inside artwork is completed with the layered technique. Cut a piece of media paper using the large die. Base with Whispering Turquoise.
- Stamp the small flower stamp multiple times over the white paper. Place the stamp from the kit and place it onto an acrylic handle. Dampen a cosmetic sponge and remove as much water as possible. Pour a puddle of Traditional Burnt Umber out on the palette paper. Pounce the sponge into the paint and then on a clean area of the palette. When you look at the bottom of the sponge it should be covered by paint but you should still be able to see the texture of the sponge. Pounce the sponge onto the stamp and stamp onto the white mixed media paper. The details should be easily seen and not be too dark. Float to shade the flowers that will be on the top layer with Desert Sand. Wash the leaves with thinned Hauser Light Green. Cut all flowers with matte medium to seal.
- Stamp the base of the die twice with the scroll from the set using Traditional Burnt Umber. Glue to top of base and coat with matte medium. Cut out and glue the first set of flowers on top of the base and trim. Glue the frame into position and allow to completely dry. Mix the resin following the manufacturer’s instructions and pour just enough to coat the image. Sprinkle some glitter into the resin. Allow to harden overnight.
- Cut the shaded flowers to the resin and allow to dry. Allow to completely dry. Mix the resin following the manufacturer’s instructions and pour to fill the bezel. Allow to harden overnight. Add charms, beads, and chain of choice using jump rings.