HHP06 Bon Bon Bunny
SSH57 Jumbo Perfectly Clear™ Acrylic Handle
MEM01 Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink by Tsukineko®
Americana® Antique Maroon, Bubblegum Pink, Burnt Umber, Cherry Red, Dragon Fruit, Lamp Black, Traditional Burnt Umber, White Wash , & Zinc Acrylic Paint by DecoArt®
Multi-Purpose Sealer by DecoArt®
Easy Float by DecoArt®
DuraClear Matte Varnish by DecoArt®
Paper Mache Mailbox
- Prepare the wood portion of the surface with sealer, sand, then wipe with dampened cheese cloth. Basecoat entire surface with White Wash. Apply multiple coats until smooth and even. Apply a coat of matte varnish. This will protect the work you have already done plus allow for easy clean-up for the next step.
- Determine placement of stamp on mail box referring to the photos. Place stamp onto acrylic handles. Dampen sponge and remove as much water as possible. Load with Lamp Black. When using paint on stamps it is important that you do not overload the image. Pour a puddle of paint out on the palette. Pounce the sponge into the paint and then on a clean area of the palette. Stamp all the image onto both sides of the box. Add free handed hearts randomly on the top of the box. Basecoat both ends of the mail box, hearts, flag, and sides of base with Cherry Red. Add a white heart to the flag. The doll rod is based with Bubblegum Pink.
- Using a bubble palette, place about a dime size drop of Cherry Red, Burnt Umber, and Bubblegum Pink in individual bubbles. Mix one part paint with appx three parts water mixed with Easy Float. Completely mix the paint until it becomes transparent. Using a flat shader and/or #3 round brush to wash in all the colors referring to the photo for placement.
- Shade each color with full strength paint using a flat brush. Apply a second shade using Traditional Burnt Umber in the brown areas, Antique Maroon in the red areas, and Dragon Fruit in the pink areas. Float to shade underneath the bunny with Zinc.
- Allow to cure for 24 hours. Apply multiple coats of matte varnish to protect the project.