W138 Teacup Trio
R220 Rose Pattern
P247 Ornate Border
SSH57 Jumbo Perfectly Clear™ Acrylic Handle
MEM01 Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink by Tsukineko®
Americana® Bleached Sand, Dove Grey, Light Buttermilk, Midnight Blue, Neutral Grey, Slate Grey, Snow White, Warm White, & Williamsburg Blue Acrylic Paint by DecoArt®
Easy Float by DecoArt®
DuraClear Matte Varnish by DecoArt®
Tea Box by J&W Woods
- Coat surface with sealer, sand lightly, wipe with cheese cloth. Base entire box with Light Buttermilk. Measure 3 inches from top and bottom and 3 1/2 inches from the sides and draw a rectangle in the center of the lid lightly with a pencil. Coat with matte varnish
- Apply the tea cup stamp to handle. Using a cosmetic sponge, apply Dove grey to the entire stamp. Stamp onto the lid in the center of the rectangle. Immediately wipe away detail lines in center of cups. Clean stamp immediately.
- Basecoat the cups with Bleached Sand. Float and/or drybrush to shade with Dove Grey and highlight with Warm White. Add second shades with Dove Grey + Slate Grey (1:1) and highlights with Snow White. Glaze darkest areas with Neutral Grey.
- Add the tea cup stamp to handle and load only the detail areas with Midnight Blue. Allow to dry and wash in the light blue areas with Williamsburg Blue.
- Create a large amount of a wash using Williamsburg Blue and wash over the entire box. Stamp the rose background stamp starting in the upper right had corner with Midnight Blue. Repeat this process until the entire lid is covered with the pattern. Please refer to my You Tube Video on How to Create Interesting backgrounds.
- Stamp the border stamp to the sides of the box with Midnight Blue.