Large Oak Leaves by Laura Drahozal
- Cut the card stock to 9 1/4" by 5 1/2"and create a fold on the top.
- Cut brown paper to 4 5/8" by 5 1/2" and adhere to the front of the card.
- Use removable tape to adhere the Oak Leaves Stencil face up on top of a piece of ivory card stock. Make sure to put the initial strip of tape all the way across the top of the stencil, creating a hinge.
- Use the palette knife to place a strip of Gold Embossing Paste across the bottom edge of the paste spreader. Make sure you have a long enough strip of paste to cover the entirety of the Oak Leaves image from side to side.
- Place the bottom edge of the paste spreader directly on the top edge of the stencil with the paste facing you.
- Pull the paste spreader towards you across the stencil. (Think of a squeegee). The embossing paste should completely fill all the wells in the stencil.
- Use the palette knife to remove the excess paste from the spreader and place back in the container.
- Carefully remove the tape from the sides and bottom of the stencil, leaving the hinge on top.
- Lift the stencil from a bottom corner, like a door and then remove it entirely from the area.
- While the paste is still wet, quickly sprinkle the embossing paste, glitters and mica powders over the leaves and acorns that you want to add color to. If you are careful and only use a small pinch at a time, you can somewhat control where the different colors go.
- Use your heat tool above and below the pasted card stock to dry and bubble the paste. The areas you focus the heat on will bubble the most. I chose to add a little more texture to the leaves than the acorns. Be careful not to get too close to the glitter, as you can scorch it, changing the colors.
- Trim the ivory card stock close to the leaves image.
- Distress the card stock with the Distress Ink and Blending Tool.
- Cut brown card stock about 1/2" larger than the ivory card stock in each direction and adhere the leaves image onto it.
- Cut rust paper to 4 3/8" x 5 1/4" and adhere the leaves image to it, leaving room for the raffia.
- Tie the raffia around the rust card stock.
- Adhere the rust card stock to the background.
Also uses these supplies:
Stampendous: EP232 Jade PearLustre™ Embossing Powder
MG13 Copper Micro Glitter
MG011 Red Micro Glitter
FRM05 Bronzed Mica Fragments
Plus: Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Scotch® Removable Tape by 3M®
Scotch® 1/2" Adhesive Tape by 3M®
Heat Embossing Tool
Distress Blending Tool by Tim Holtz®
Tea Dye Distress Ink by Ranger®
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project