Rooster by Louise Healy
- Fold a 7" x 10" piece of Tuscan Sun cardstock in half to form an A7 card.
- Cut a 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of the corrugated paper.
- Tape the Fleur De Lis stencil to the corrugated paper with removable tape, use a 1/4" stencil brush to apply the Rocket Red ink through the stencil, move the stencil lining up the design to fill the paper, run the ink pad along the outside edges to finish.
- Adhere the Fleur De Lis piece to the card front near the upper left edge.
- Tape the Rooster stencil to a 3 1/2" x 4 1/2" piece of red cork paper with removable tape.
- Use a palette knife and paste spreader to apply a coat of Regular Embossing Paster over the image, remove the stencil and place in water for cleaning, let paste dry.
- Place the clean dry stencil back over the dry paste and use 1/8" and 1/4" stencil brushes to apply various colors from the Antique ink pad to the dry paste, use the Picasso tool to help keep colors clean, remove and clean the stencil.
- Cut a 4" x 5" piece of the yellow Graphic45 paper, run the Rocket Red ink pad along the edges.
- Carefully tear two edges of the red cork paper to give it a more rustic look, adhere the Rooster to the yellow mat.
- Adhere the image to the card front with double sided adhesive, use foam tape just along the bottom edge.
- Take the release paper off one white foam square, sprinkle the sticky surface with one of the Gemstone embossing powders, heat set, repeat with two more colors.
- Place the embossed foam squares along the bottom right side of the card.
Also uses these supplies:
- PK03 Gemstone Embossing Kit
- My Colors Cardstock by My Mind's Eye (Tuscan Sun)
- Corrugated Cardstock by DCWV®
- Red Cork Paper by DCWV®
- Aquatic Passage Patterned Paper by Graphic 45
- Brilliance™ Rocket Red Ink by Tsukineko®
- Splendor™ Antique Inky Pad by Tsukineko
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
- Scrapbook Adhesives® 3D Foam Mounting Squares by 3L®
- 1/2" Removable Tape by 3M®
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project