Wave Crest Box by Laura Drahozal
- Paint the box with varying mixtures of the blue and white acrylics. The different colors of blue will make the box more interesting. Let it dry.
- Cut four pieces of Double Sided Mounting Paper a little larger than the Small Scallop Stencil.
- Use the Versamark Ink pad on the back of the Small Scallop Stencil. Place the stencil, ink side down, centered on a piece of the mounting paper and press down.
- Pour some Carnelian Embossing Powder over the project and press in with your fingers, being sure to cover the paper on the outside of the stencil as well.
- Turn the project upside down on a flat surface and carefully remove the paper from the stencil.
- Heat set the embossing powder using the heat gun.
- Cover the remaining Mounting Paper with the Pearl Glitter.
- Repeat steps 3-7 with the remaining three pieces of mounting paper.
- Center the Wave Crest Stencil over the top of the box and tape down. You will likely need to tape from underneath the box lid onto the back side of the stencil to keep it adhered.
- Remove the Embossing Paste from the jar with the Palette Knife, scooping it out so it sits under the knife.
- Place the palette knife on the top of the stencil, and pull it down towards yourself, being sure to keep contact between the knife and the stencil at all times.
- Carefully remove the Wave Crest Stencil, treating the last piece of tape as a hinge as you take it off. Let the paste dry.
- Once the past is completely dry, “paint” the embossing powder on the image in phases. You will use the Versamarker in the areas that you want colored, cover them with the embossing powder, and emboss with your heat gun. You will repeat this process until you have colored the entire wave crest image.
- Cut the border off of the Graphic 45 paper.
- Glue the border around the bottom of the box and the side of the lid.
- Remove the backing from the shell covered double sided mounting paper and place, like a sticker, around the box.
Also uses these supplies:
- EP122 Sky Blue Embossing Powder
- EP162 Baby Blue Embossing Powder
- FREG021 Chunky White Embossing Powder
- EP030 Kaleidoscope Embossing Powder
- EP100 White Embossing Powder
- EP222 Carnelian PEARLustre™ Embossing Powder
- GM351 White Pearl Glitter
- DWMPDS Double Sided Mounting Paper
- EPA50 Embossing Heat Tool
- Patterned Paper by Graphic 45
- Paper Mache Box
- Media Fluid Acrylics by DecoArt® (Prussian Blue Hue, Titanium White)
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
- 1/2" Removable Tape by 3M®
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project