Sailboat by Louise Healy
- Fold a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of blue cardstock in half to form an A2 card.
- Cut a 3 1/4" x 4 1/2" piece of Double-sided mounting paper and a 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" piece of blue cardstock, attach the mounting paper to the blue cardstock.
- Place the Sailboat stencil face down on a paper towel, pat the back with VersaMark ink to coat the whole back of the stencil.
- Remove the release paper from the mounting paper and place the stencil, ink side down on the sticky surface, use a piece of release paper to press the stencil firmly to the mounting paper.
- Sprinkle the blue micro glitter in all the openings and rub in gently, brush away the extra.
- Turn the image face down on a clean paper towel and carefully peel the paper off the stencil, making sure to keep the stencil flat on the table.
- Sprinkle the background with Crystal Ultrafine glitter, rub in gently, and tap off excess.
- Tape the small opening of the Picasso stencil with removable tape, use a 1/2" stencil brush and blue ink to add some "clouds" behind the sailboat.
- Cut a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of white paper, use the 1/2" brush to add "clouds" to the sky area and a 1/4" brush to add dark blue ink in the "water" area, adhere to the card front.
- Adhere the Sailboat to the card.
- Stamp the saying on a 1 1/4" x 1 1/2" piece of white cardstock, brush a little blue ink around the edges, mount on a 1 1/2" x 1 3/4" piece of blue cardstock.
- Use foam tape to add the image to the front of the card.
Also uses these supplies:
- Cardstock by My Mind's Eye
- Memento™ Bahama Blue & Danube Blue by Tsukineko®
- Foam Mounting Tape by 3M®
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
- DWMPDS Dreamweaver Double-Sided Mounting Paper
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project