Stylized Dahlia Metal Stencil by Louise Healy
- Fold a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of yellow cardstock in half to form an A2 top-fold card.
- Tape the stencil to a piece of 3 1/4" x 4 1/2" yellow cardstock with removable tape.
- Paste emboss the stencil with Regular Embossing Paste using a Palette Knife and Paste Spreader, remove stencil and place in water for cleaning.
- Use an angled cut straw to sprinkle small amounts of embossing powders from the Spring Sparkle Kit on the wet paste, by using small amounts at a time you won't waste powders, get all the colors on then tap off extra powders (you can save this into another container for a "mixed" look on another project, or discard). Use Real Red Opaque Embossing Powder for the main flower area.
- Gently heat the embossing powders with a heat tool, try not to bubble the paste too much, or wait for the paste to dry, then heat the powders.
- Enhance the detail on the leaves with Copic markers.
- Adhere the flower to a 3 3/8" x 4 5/8" red mat.
- Edge a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of the plaid paper with the red marker and adhere to the card front.
- Use foam tape to apply the flower layer.
Also uses these supplies:
Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Classic® Linen Red Pepper Cover Stock by Neenah Paper®
Cut Drinking Straw
Copic® Markers (YG03, YG23, YG63, R27)
Scotch® Double-Sided Tape by 3M®
1/2" Removable Tape by 3M®
Foam Mounting Tape by 3M®
Zip Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
If you've use this product in a project of yours, we'd love to see it! You can submit your step-by-step instructions and supplies used by clicking below.Submit A Project